Boardwalk Restaurants

disneyworld1977

Mouseketeer
I have never been strolling down the Boardwalk, am going to this time we go. Other than the Flying Fish and Kouzinna (didnt spell that right ) is there any other restaurants worth go too like ESPN Club or Big River Grille? Just thinking of these since the maybe be a little cheaper than making another expensive reservation...haha.

Actually, I was there in Sept. and we ate in both ESPN and Big River Grille. I really liked both of them and would go back. I had burgers at both that were excellent.

Love both. Usually apps at ESPN. Love the chicken dish at BR. I get sauce on side too sweet. Also like the nachos. Crews Cup lounge at YC is good too. They have a good menu for a lounge. Burgers, turkey club, housemade chips. All good and not too pricey! Love the boardwalk area! :)

We stayed at BW in January and ate at ESPN one night early in our week, liked it so much we ate there a second time. My DH had a cheesesteak sandwich and some kind of burger with an egg on it. I had boneless teriyaki wings that were FAB!

We did not like big river. I thought the food was average and there was a big piece of glass in one of our partys food

We usually eat at Big River on every trip. We like to try the different beers and it is nice to eat outside on the boardwalk. Some of the entrees are better than others. The burgers are good and my husband likes the meatloaf. But the food in general is just average.

I am not a huge fan of either, but I did eat at The Fountain and Captains Grille which are both nearby (dolphin and yacht club respectively) and enjoyed them both. ESPN would be my choice over Big River. (On the other hand BFs daughter loves Big River more than any other restaurant on property...she loves the mahi mahi sandwich.)

We did not like Big River Grille at all for food. We got nachos, some kind of chicken pasta, and I think a steak, but it was all just a bit below average. The beer was good; I probably should have drank more.

You are probably safe if you get a burger.

We eat at Big River every time we stay at the BoardWalk. We ate there last week, and between the burgers, chicken sandwich and mahi mahi sandwhich everyone enjoyed their meal. I'd give it a try. We haven't been to ESPN in years, I was never a fan of the service there.

BRG and ESPN are both OK if you like burgers, fries, chicken tenders, nachos etc. Me--not so much. I also don't drink beer so BRG is somewhat lost on me and I found it pricey even by WDW standards.

Kouzzina is very good but expect a meal w/o alcohol or tip to run close to $50/person. My GF and I went and each had an entree and shared 1 appetizer and 1 dessert. It was almost $110 for the two of us before tip.

If you LIKE burgers, Beaches and Cream has excellent burgers--and I am a beef producer and total meat snob.

DH and I enjoyed the nachos at ESPN. Other people's food looked really good. Then we just ordered a hot dog -- OMG -- the hot dog was huge. I think I took one bite and was done! Anyway -- just a warning that you may fill up on nachos! But I liked the atmosphere and liked my beer too! :thumbsup2

My DH and I both enjoy the ESPN Club. The last time we were there the service wasn't great, but I think the server was just having an off night. Other than that one time, the food and service have been always been good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter