Boardwalk or Beach Club?

anonymousegirl

DIS Veteran
Help! I just can't decide where to stay for my next trip. I am not really a pool person, nor is my DH. We are childless and enjoy fine dining. We expect to be in our room in the evening since the parks close early.

Any ideas as to why one resort might be better than the other?

You can't go wrong at either resort, but if you are not pool people - definitely go with the Boardwalk. The pool at the Beach Club is fabulous, but there is more nightlife at the Boardwalk. It is great to be able to look out your balcony at all the activity on the Boardwalk. If you choose to stay at the Beachclub... it is a super short walk to the Boardwalk, so you can still enjoy the nightlife (it is right across the small lake). Let me know if you have any specifics.... we have stayed at both resorts multiple times.

Good Luck!
Michelle

We love the BC!! It is awesome!! There is a lot to do there and it is super close to EPCOT. We liked the design of it better than the BW, however, it is just over the little bridge walkway if you want to go the BW for the evening activities. BC has also just been rennovated!!

I too, am probably deciding between BC & BW...only I think we're going to stay in the villas for our honeymoon. Anyone have any opinion on which villa is better? I'm leaning towards the BCV, but we also don't swim much either...I was just thinking maybe BCV would be a more relaxing atmosphere then the BWV...any thoughts?

With no kids & not big on swimming -- I would look at the YC and the BW.

The YC is quieter than the BC, mostly because more families think it's more formal and so they choose the BC. I also think it's quieter than the BW in the evenings (less people/shops/restaurants, etc.). It's just a quick walk or boat ride to the BW, which we like to visit.

We've stayed at the YC 4 times and loved it, before kids & after. We love the pool so we'd never consider BW when the YC/BC pool is so close.

The Epcot area is a really nice area to stay at -- I think you'll be happy in either place.

Boarwalk, it's beautiful. They just renovated all the rooms and are similar to the Grand Floridian rooms. The lobby is gorgeous and if you're going on Christmas, the Boardwalk has one of the best holiday decorations around WDW after the GF and the WL.

Good Luck!!!

I too, am probably deciding between BC & BW...only I think we're going to stay in the villas for our honeymoon. Anyone have any opinion on which villa is better? I'm leaning towards the BCV, but we also don't swim much either...I was just thinking maybe BCV would be a more relaxing atmosphere then the BWV...any thoughts?

We are staying at the Boardwalk in a few weeks for our honeymoon. We are local, so we stay at the BC and BW villas quite frequently. The seclusion feel to the BC villas is nice, and of course the pool at BC is great. The pool at BW is not anything to sneeze at either though, and you are right there for things like Jellyrolls, etc. Plus the walk from BW to DHS is much shorter. If you are looking for a more relaxed feel, then BC may be the way to go...

Thanks for all the replies guys. I think I'll consult my DF and if she's looking for a more relaxed feel rather then outgoing then I'll go with the BCV. Of course our honeymoon isn't until Oct. 10' so I have plenty of time haha I'm just really excited to go. Are there any real big differences in like room size between the two or quality? Either one have more benefits or perks that the other may not have?

We too are childless and prefer the BWI or YC over the BC....there are super nice restaurants at both places and the quiet pools are never used.

The BC is chaotic and packed and noisy all the time, the lobby area is crazy!

I guess I've missed the chaos of BC. I have seen many families but most of the families are there to enjoy the magic of WDW like I am and are in control of their children. I do have children, but they are older teens and love BC too!! We've seen way more chaos at BW than at BC since that is where all the night time "carnival-like" activities.

I guess I've missed the chaos of BC. I have seen many families but most of the families are there to enjoy the magic of WDW like I am and are in control of their children. I do have children, but they are older teens and love BC too!! We've seen way more chaos at BW than at BC since that is where all the night time "carnival-like" activities.

Yeah that's what I would have thought too that the fuss would be more less in the BW rather then the BC. I'm really starting to lean with the BC right now....it's more like I'm just looking for a reason that would steer me away from the BC and go with the Boardwalk instead. Also was considering the SSR as well but not as much as the BC & BW.

My DH and I returned recently from a stay at the BWI. We found it to be quiet, romantic and the refurbished room was great. We had a great view of the Eiffel tower and Illuminations.

We've never stayed at the BC but we will be there in June with our children so sorry I can't compare them. I did find that the BWI was perfect for a romantic getaway without the kids.

Hope that helps,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter