• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boardwalk or Beach Club Villas?

Marty Moose

Ay-yep! That's me!
Hi All!

Sorry if this has already been discussed at length, but I'm fairly new to these boards!

I'm planning an intimate wedding/family vacation for next October and have narrowed my "resort" choices down to the Boardwalk and Beach Club Villas. Does anyone have an info or suggestions as to which to pick?

We will be staying there with our two kids (they'll be 6 and 2) and probably my mother (so we'll have a 2br)...

They both look and sound great...it so tough to choose!!

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer!
:bride:

We've stayed at one-bedroom villas in both and both are great! The differences that we noticed were: BCV are newer so are in slightly better shape, BCV is a bit quieter that BWV, BWV are more connected to the "nightlife" scene in WDW, although you can simply walk there from the BCV if you decide to stay there.
But my vote would go to the BCV because of the pool area. If you're traveling with a 6 year old and a 2 year old the pool will be great for them. I really think it's just a matter of theming and which one you, personally, like better because the area's the same. Good luck!

Thanks for the info!

What about views? Should I try to get a villa in a certain area (at either resort)?

If you are booking through CRO, there are no view categories. If you rent points from a DVC member, Boardwalk has standard, preferred pool/garden view and boardwalk view. CRO reservations get whatever DVC members do not book (usually pool/garden). BCV does not have view categories, either with CRO or DVC. These resorts are both very popular in October because of the food & wine festival at Epcot.

It is a really tough choice for me .. I love them both!

But BCV edges out the BWV just a bit.

I'm so glad you asked this question! I was just about to ask it again, myself. I thought I was set with BCV, but I was reading about BWV and they sounded SO tempting. But . . . I am concerned with the noise level. Also, DS will be seven when we go and I think SB will be a big hit with him, though, I read you have to leave the pool area to access the slide. (By the way, can grown-ups use the slide?) We are planning on renting points for a studio. Any pros and cons for the studios at each place? :sunny:

I have stayed at both and have enjoyed them. Although I have to say that BCV are my favorite. I have stayed there three times now and keep going back. It is my favorite resort. The Boardwalk was nice because it was close to the nightlife, however, with two young kids I don't know if you would enjoy all the nosie that is present. Also the pool is so much better at the BCV. Yes it is disconnected from the pool area although it is a short walk (probably like a minute or two) and in October the weather will be still warm. Also anyone can use the slide. Last time we went both my parents went down with no trouble at all. That is one of the reasons that we keep going back so often. I also like the theming better. Either one will be great though, it just comes to what matters most to you. Good Luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter