• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boardwalk or Beach Club for 3 adults/2 kids?

Baloo76

DISboards lurker
I am going to WDW with my DW and MiL and 2 kids (3 and 1 1/2) next October. Ideally, my 3yr old would be in a pulldown bed and the 1 1/2 yr old in a pack n play. Thanks to the help from this board, we decided to rent DVC points and stay at the Poly. Unfortunately nothing is available right now, and it looks like we won't know if anything is available until 7 months out.

The agent I spoke to at DVC Rental Store is confident something will become available but of course she can't guarantee it. Of course by that time, we could miss out on other properties that are available now.

Currently other option that could fit 5 are the Grand Floridian (always felt a little to fancy to me), Wilderness Lodge (the construction really concerns me), and renovated rooms at the Boardwalk which now have a pulldown bed (garden and pool views only).

I've read that the boardwalk view rooms are also getting this pulldown bed as well as the soon-to-be-renovated studios at the Beach Club, but until they are done and available it wasn't recommended that I try to book them.

Any opinions? Is there enough space at the Boardwalk Studios to put a pack n play? Should I be concerned about the WL construction? Should I just hold out and hope we can get the Poly? In addition to space, ease of transportation is very important to us, so the ability to take the monorail and/or a boat to some parks (and get back to the room for naps) is more appealing than the buses.

Thanks!

Getting a room at PVB at seven months is pretty easy. You'll want to have your broker get it queued up, since PVB is a pretty good option during Food & Wine, so it might go quickly at seven months, but it will certainly be available at 8am.

Just so you know, BWV and BCV are difficult to book in October because of Food and Wine Festival at Epcot. If you want to book at one of these resorts you need to book ASAP.

Yes you need to book now for Epcot resorts. I booked my boardwalk end of Oct Sunday. You can try different renters, David's is a big broker and might have more.

Honestly, almost no broker has 11 month Poly points. Not enough of Poly is sold, and most of the sold points are new owners who are still high on using points.

Odds are good at 7 months for Poly, less so for BC/BWV during F&W. No one is really sure how disruptive VWL construction will be by October, but the pool area noise might impact nap.

Ah, I understand now about the Poly DVC, and why rooms should be available at 7 months.

Is anyone familiar with the size of the Boardwalk rooms vs the Poly? Would there even be room for a pack n play? From the pictures I saw, it looks very tight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter