Boardwalk Maintenance?

swedemeatball

Earning My Ears
Just here for one night, but noticed the common areas at the boardwalk are looking a little rough. I noticed a lot of rotting wood at the Gazebo on the lake and near the Flying Fish. Also the mini flags on the roof are looking rough. Has anyone else noticed this? I guess I wouldn't expect the extent of this at WDW. Concerned Disboarder.

It has been about 8 years since they refurbished the entire boardwalk itself and I am guessing that is probably something that may start again within the next year or so.

It has been about 8 years since they refurbished the entire boardwalk itself and I am guessing that is probably something that may start again within the next year or so.

Actually I saw a lot of refurbishing of the actual Boardwark in 2011.

Over the last 6-8 years they have deferred a lot of outdoor maintenance - and as any homeowner can tell you... it comes back to bite you... HARD!

All of the work that has been done on Main Street was due to their deferred maintenance schedule - and that's also why Splash Mountain has been closed for multiple weeks in the winter (this year well over a month) due to exterior work that had been put off... and put off again.

They are just now getting back to a regular maintenance schedule - the years between 2002-2012 were rough for the parks in terms on maintenance.

The tree of life is now around 5 years past it's total refurb date - have you noticed the overhead netting above the queue line and on some of the trails below the tree of life? Yeah, that's because there were some whole branches falling... Not good!

So over the next year, I would imagine they are going to be doing a LOT of cosmetic work to the resorts (Grand Floridian is set to go under a total room renovation starting later this year... according to the Manager we spoke to in June). He also said that the room renovation would bring a lot of changes to the resort, and would really bring the rooms into the 21st century.... read that how you may! HAHA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter