boardwalk inn question

2minny

DIS Veteran
We are leaving for our first stay at Boardwalk inn, in two weeks. Is there a certain area or floor I should request? Should I request before we leave or at the desk during check in?

If you want a certain area request it when you made the ressies call back &b request an area. Or do it if you do online check in. :) I gather you paid for water view or standard view. If standard view request a view of the gardens or quiet area. No parking lot view

I would not ask to be over looking the Boardwalk. The Boardwalk is very congested with people jogging and headed over to the bakery beginning at 6 am. There are games at night along to boardwalk and tends to be active until about midnight. So if you are looking for more of a quite room, you don’t want to be overlooking to boardwalk. Also, the are the boats that transport people from MGM to Epcot, stopping at all the boardwalk resorts along the way. These boats honk their horns at each stop and in my opinion tend to be louder when facing the boardwalk. I’ve stayed at the boardwalk several times and think that a room facing the pool might be the best bet. Yes, the pool. Because...

1. We aren’t usually in our room during the time the pool is open, so we don’t really hear any noise or kids playing.

2. With the cold weather Florida’s been getting, the pool crowd might be a little less during your stay.

As far as calling the resort… I don’t know. My Husband has always taken care of the reservations, so I’m not sure if he asks when he books the room, or when we just show up. You may just want to call them now and see what they suggest. Never hurts to ask.

I hope this helps.

I would ask to NOT be near front of hotel. They unload here, car doors at night, etc. Can be pretty noisy....I assume you are standard view - I wouldn't care so much about what floor you are on - unless you have mobility issues - I would just ask for "pretty view AWAY from front of hotel"

We had a nice standard view room that did overlook the check in area. We were on the third floor. I thought it would be really loud and it was not. I wanted to ask to switch to a different room, but my husband pointed out that the room was much much larger than normal standard Boardwalk Inn rooms. He was right and very rarely did we hear any noise from that area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter