Boardwalk Inn or Contemporary?

scanne

<font color=blue>OK, I must have really small ears
Where would you stay with the following factors?

1. DMom (me), DH, DS2, DD1, and grandparents.
2. Getting 2 rooms
3. Want a lot of space in the rooms
4. Have already stayed at 2 monorail resorts.

I think I've narrowed my resort choices down to these two, but we're not ruling out a villa. If we can't get a villa, I want a room that's spacious. I will probably go with a standard view at BW or a garden view at CR - unless AP rates are amazing for a tower room at CR.

What would you go with and why? Thanks!

Considering that you have two very young children AND grandparents (you didn't say how old), & you want big rooms, I'd vote for CR just because of the location & trans issues. I would think CR would be cheaper also.

I see on your profile you're a music teacher. Me too-6th grade band director.

:teacher:

CR. I'm assuming you'll spend alot of time at MK with 2 little ones. To get to MK from the boardwalk, you'll have to take the bus which is shared with several other resorts.

If you are planning on spending most of your time at Epcot, then the Boardwalk would make more sense.

One more thing, the food court at CR is open 24 hours in case you need milk or snacks for your kids. The Boardwalk doesn't have one inside, you'll have to go outside the resort itself (not sure how far out.)

We just stayed at BWI for the first time over Memorial Day weekend. The convenience to Epcot and MGM is great. To get to the bakery and conveniences is a walk that is probably about the same number of footsteps as it is at the CR (albeit CR is inside all the way), but it is down the steps and outside. At 2 and 1 your children won't care;) I think you'll be fine either way.

I vote Boardwalk for the location. You might check on the DVC board to see if you can rent points for a studio or a 2 bedroom villa. It's actually cheaper to get two studio villas though. Depending on the time of year, this also may be less money than the CR.

I loved staying in the Epcot area last summer when my kids were 1 and barely 3. It really helps to be able to get to your room quickly from Epcot and MGM. The bus service to MK was also very good. It was also nice when the kids were napping to be able to take off for the Boardwalk by myself. I think the older adults will like the atmosphere and being so close to Epcot.
I figure when the kids are older we will hit the CR or Poly, but I think the BW is great for when they are little.

My list would be Villa at BWV, two rooms BWI, then two rooms CR.
You haven't enjoyed the EPCOT & MGM until you stay at one of the EPCOT Resorts.

We have stayed twice at BWI, our kids were not as young as yours but we found it to be just fine for children. The pool area is nicely contained, nicely themed for kids and has a nice kiddie area. We have seen lots of folks with little ones running around the grassy area of the BW at night, it is a very family friendly atmosphere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter