• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boardwalk Inn or BC/YC - standard or club level

Mizzgolitely

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone!!! I think I have narrowed it down to either BWI or BC/YC...

I'm planning my trip for January, so I don't think we will get much pool time in! I'm thinking the weather is going to be rather chilly -

What are the major differences between the 2?

I can get a standard room at BWI for $300 less than BC/YC - orrrrr I can get a Deluxe Club room at BWI which is pretty pricey.

Doing 6 nights with my niece (17) and nephew (14) and my sister....

Any opinions? Is it worth the club level, or not really?

Given the time of year you are coming...the pool will most likely be too cold to enjoy. That is a major perk at YC/BC. If it is really 300 total less for the trip that may be a worthwhile savings.

However, BC is my favorite resort so I may splurge on it anyway.

As far as CL goes...if you are going to spend a good bit of time at the hotel itself than the CL may be worth it for you. They will put out food and drinks at certain times throughout the day.

Having said that, if you plan on eating at a specific restaurant each night on a dining plan than this isn't going to be worth it for you. Your reservations will overlap the food times on the CL...which is the major perk of CL. Also, since you are with "kids" they can't take advantage of the alcoholic beverages also provided at certain times.

Case and point...not sure CL is worth it for you this go around and the BWI may be a cheaper option so you could spend some money on a tour or a really fine meal.

~Cheers!

I just got back from a split stay BWI CL and BC CL. We've also stayed YC CL many times. Of the three hotels, I think BWI has the best club lounge. It is definitely larger than YC or BC. Although the food is pretty similar among the three, BWI is set up for a better flow of people. I also think they had a little more variety than BC did last week. The only negative at BWI is that the soda cans are kept on ice instead of in a refrigerator, which means wet cans every time, and warm cans when the ice has melted.

If we stay club again, it will be at BWI. Without club, I think they're all pretty comparable. If a full size balcony matters to you, go with YC. I think they have the biggest balconies and there are more of them available. BC has some pretty tiny, one person, standing room only balconies that would not work for me at all (love morning coffee on my balcony!).

Thank you - you def brought up good points!!!! I may just do a standard room at BWI or BC and spend that extra $$ on the restaurants and other fun things!!!!

With a 14yo it may be tough to find a good tour...but that may be something to look into or a dessert party at MK!

Thanks everyone :) I want it to be a special trip for them! cant wait!! the best part is, I have started making my dining reservations and still no room booked LOLL:rotfl2:

I've stayed at both BWI & BC - both in standard rooms and CL rooms. We just got back from a BWI Deluxe CL room last week.

With teens I would pick BWI. Being right on The Boardwalk with all the entertainment & food options is priceless to me. Sure its just a short walk from BC, but we all agree BWI is our 1st choice (unless basing trip on pool alone, which you're not, then BC/SAB wins).

There's so much to do in the BWI area, my teens loved to be able to roam around, or just go down & get a slice of pizza or something from the bakery.

I vote standard BWI room, definitely if it's $300 less than BC! While I enjoy CL, we're often not at the resort when the food offerings are out. I only book it if we need more space (the Deluxe rooms are larger & come with CL) or if its a great deal with a discount. That being said, we would choose BWI CL over BC CL any day.

HAVE FUN!

YES! def going to do BWI.... now narrowing down to DLX CL for the room.... I like the idea of the extra space with pull out sofa! def a plus:beach:

We've stayed in the Deluxe CL rooms at both BC & BWI. For our family space is very, very important when traveling together. Are you able to get a discount for your dates? I hope so, even with 30-35% discount they run about $500/nt.

The Deluxe rooms are hard to come by since there are so few of them, so book as soon as you can. There are only 10 or 12 at BWI. Half of the Deluxe rooms at BWI are not on the same floor as the CL lounge, if that matters to you. However, the ones on the same floor as the CL lounge have a very very tiny balcony with only enough room for a chair. They are located above both The Boardwalk Bakery & Seashore Sweets.

I requested one above Seashore Sweets as that is closer to the lobby & the only elevators in BWI. The walk from the lobby/elevators to the ones above Boardwalk Bakery is much longer. We got one not on the same level as the CL lounge, but with an nice sized balcony. There is a staircase right by the Deluxe rooms above Seashore Sweets that takes you directly to the CL area.

If you have any specific questions about the Deluxe rooms feel free to ask, I know there's not a lot of info out there about them.

Thank you Tara :) I appreciate the info!!! As soon as I can get confirmation from my sister I plan to book it.....

Can you see fireworks from the Dlx rooms?

There is a possibility that my sisters hubby may join in on the trip - so im thinking I should get deluxe because no matter what we can always use the space....
Crossing fingers this works out!!!! :cheer2:

BWI Dxl CL is a great choice but like Tara said don't hesitate in booking as there are only 10 Dxl rooms, 5 on the 3rd flr and 5 on the 4th flr. I been trying to book one since 8/1 but it has been impossible for my entire stay.

One reason I love the Dxl Rooms is it is Guarenteed BW View :cloud9:

I've stayed at YC and BWI and prefer BWI.

Since the BWI Deluxe rooms all face the Boardwalk (guaranteed BW view as stated above) you cannot see Illuminations from them- but you can go to the CL lounge to watch. You CAN, however, sometimes see a bit of Wishes in the far off distance from MK, but nothing worth getting excited about.

I was just there last week & talking about it is making me homesick for BWI!!

We've stayed in the Deluxe CL rooms at both BC & BWI. For our family space is very, very important when traveling together. Are you able to get a discount for your dates? I hope so, even with 30-35% discount they run about $500/nt.

The Deluxe rooms are hard to come by since there are so few of them, so book as soon as you can. There are only 10 or 12 at BWI. Half of the Deluxe rooms at BWI are not on the same floor as the CL lounge, if that matters to you. However, the ones on the same floor as the CL lounge have a very very tiny balcony with only enough room for a chair. They are located above both The Boardwalk Bakery & Seashore Sweets.

I requested one above Seashore Sweets as that is closer to the lobby & the only elevators in BWI. The walk from the lobby/elevators to the ones above Boardwalk Bakery is much longer. We got one not on the same level as the CL lounge, but with an nice sized balcony. There is a staircase right by the Deluxe rooms above Seashore Sweets that takes you directly to the CL area.

If you have any specific questions about the Deluxe rooms feel free to ask, I know there's not a lot of info out there about them.

Tara, did y request 3257? (Here I go again). We are heading down on Sunday. I wonder if I should call again. It's already in the notes and every time in"chat" with them, they say the request is there. Just wondering how u got that room. By chance or request? Thanks, Leslie

All I requested was "above Seashore Sweets" because I wanted to be as close to the lobby/elevators as possible. We were in 3255 - right aside of the one you want! There is a nice seating area outside of the room off the hallway if anyone needs their own space, and the door to the stairs to the CL area is right aside of this seating area. I hope you get your request - its a great area!

If by chance you need to do laundry its also on the 3rd floor, right by the elevators.

All I requested was "above Seashore Sweets" because I wanted to be as close to the lobby/elevators as possible. We were in 3255 - right aside of the one you want! There is a nice seating area outside of the room off the hallway if anyone needs their own space, and the door to the stairs to the CL area is right aside of this seating area. I hope you get your request - its a great area!

If by chance you need to do laundry its also on the 3rd floor, right by the elevators.

Do u mean a "common" seating area? Sounds nice. That is so funny u mention laundry because I was wondering how far I would have to go or even in that section of hotel. With 4 kids. I will need to do!!! Do they take coins? I should bring my own detergent (small box) in my suitcase. Any other recommendations?? I bought some cheap raincoats as I hear it rains almost every day. Did u do Hollywood studios? Did u do movie nights outside or are your kids older (I think I remember you saying they were). Kind of bumming its so hot to sit on balcony. Even at night?? Was it you that told me about Hess station across the street to get cases of water if I run out??? So many questions.

Ps. Any of those 3 balcony rooms above seashore sweets is fine by me. I'm going to be holding my breath when they give me the room number :)

Ask away - that's what DIS Boards are for!!!!

Yes it's a common seating area - a little alcove off the hallway - a couch, 2 chairs & a coffee table. There was never a soul using it!

I did laundry - it was so nice to be on the same floor! When you step off the elevator on the 3rd floor and turn right to go to the hallway, the laundry is straight across & says "Guest Laundry." It takes quarters (there is a change machine in there that takes $1s, $5s and $10s)...$2 each per washer & dryer. They also sell detergent & dryer sheets but I packed my own. I forget the brand (Arm & Hammer maybe?) but they make little pods now that packed nicely. We only travel with carry-ons & in the heat we needed 2 outfits per day so that meant laundry! The laundry room is huge & has a big TV & I think 2 chairs if you want to stay there, but I went back to the room since it's only down the hall.

Yes it was me that went to Hess! We did get mixed up walking there & had a nice scenic tour of the whole parking lot :mad:. You walk straight out of BWI on the main drive - right past the guard shack - there is a sidewalk on the right. The main road out front wasn't busy at all at 11pm, very easy to cross. A 24-pk of Dasani was $5.99, they have all Coke products, grocery items & a Dunkin Donuts in there. Thankfully DS16 lifts weights & could easily carry the water back to the room because I couldn't have done it myself!

It called for rain/storms every day we were there but it only happened 3 days - but yes it was a wicked downpour each time. We didn't pack any raincoats, we just ducked into a shop/ride when it started & it was always done til we came out. We got lucky! It was fine to be on the balcony by about 7pm - we spent a lot of time out there watching the performers below, and just people watching. I sat out a few mornings around 8am and it was positively steamy. But it was like that everywhere!

My boys are 13 & 16 so we didn't do the movie, but we have done it in the past at BC & Poly, its very nice. We didn't use Community Hall but I've heard they have tons of things for kids there too. We did use the arcade (ugh waste of money if you ask me), the gym & all the pools & hot tubs. We found the main pool crowded, even late at night, but the quiet pools & hot tubs were deserted.

We enjoy DHS, and spent a few hours there 3 different times. The parks were really crowded when we were there so we didn't get everything done that we wanted without having to wait in long lines so we kept going back. There is an awesome Monsters U display out front of DHS (it used to be inside Epcot, no idea why they moved it). We're not fans of Fantasmic so we didn't do that at all. The drawing class in the Animation Building is a lot of fun if you want to get out of the heat & crowds. I think it runs every 30 min.

Now I want to go back!!!!!

Ask away - that's what DIS Boards are for!!!!

Yes it's a common seating area - a little alcove off the hallway - a couch, 2 chairs & a coffee table. There was never a soul using it!

I did laundry - it was so nice to be on the same floor! When you step off the elevator on the 3rd floor and turn right to go to the hallway, the laundry is straight across & says "Guest Laundry." It takes quarters (there is a change machine in there that takes $1s, $5s and $10s)...$2 each per washer & dryer. They also sell detergent & dryer sheets but I packed my own. I forget the brand (Arm & Hammer maybe?) but they make little pods now that packed nicely. We only travel with carry-ons & in the heat we needed 2 outfits per day so that meant laundry! The laundry room is huge & has a big TV & I think 2 chairs if you want to stay there, but I went back to the room since it's only down the hall.

Yes it was me that went to Hess! We did get mixed up walking there & had a nice scenic tour of the whole parking lot :mad:. You walk straight out of BWI on the main drive - right past the guard shack - there is a sidewalk on the right. The main road out front wasn't busy at all at 11pm, very easy to cross. A 24-pk of Dasani was $5.99, they have all Coke products, grocery items & a Dunkin Donuts in there. Thankfully DS16 lifts weights & could easily carry the water back to the room because I couldn't have done it myself!

It called for rain/storms every day we were there but it only happened 3 days - but yes it was a wicked downpour each time. We didn't pack any raincoats, we just ducked into a shop/ride when it started & it was always done til we came out. We got lucky! It was fine to be on the balcony by about 7pm - we spent a lot of time out there watching the performers below, and just people watching. I sat out a few mornings around 8am and it was positively steamy. But it was like that everywhere!

My boys are 13 & 16 so we didn't do the movie, but we have done it in the past at BC & Poly, its very nice. We didn't use Community Hall but I've heard they have tons of things for kids there too. We did use the arcade (ugh waste of money if you ask me), the gym & all the pools & hot tubs. We found the main pool crowded, even late at night, but the quiet pools & hot tubs were deserted.

We enjoy DHS, and spent a few hours there 3 different times. The parks were really crowded when we were there so we didn't get everything done that we wanted without having to wait in long lines so we kept going back. There is an awesome Monsters U display out front of DHS (it used to be inside Epcot, no idea why they moved it). We're not fans of Fantasmic so we didn't do that at all. The drawing class in the Animation Building is a lot of fun if you want to get out of the heat & crowds. I think it runs every 30 min.

Now I want to go back!!!!!

You have such good info! I bet I use that common space. I'm actually really psyched about washer/dryer. I will bring some of those pods too. Never even thought about those! Are there 2 arcades there? One in hotel and 1 in Espn? I remember seeing the Espn sign and then the arcade next to it but wasn't sure if it was a pretend sign or a real arcade. Also, did u happen to notice any kind of playground? I like the sounds of the quiet pool myself. My 4 year old wont be able to go down clown slide and we all hate crowds so sounds nice! That's what I'm hoping. Balcony around 7pm. People watching!! Did u go to Epcot a lot because so close? We haven't even bought our park tickets yet because I'm not sure what days, etc. That monsters univ sounds cool especially since we just saw movie. You are getting me so excited. I want to bring stainless steel water bottles so I can fill up with ice and just keep refilling with my OWN water! Anything else you can think of that would have been helpful that u wish you brought?? Thanks again. :) Leslie

That's one thing I love about BWI & BWV - there are these little sitting areas EVERYWHERE! When we stayed in BWV in April we also had a sitting area right outside our villa.

There is 1 arcade at BWI & another one at ESPN Club. I didn't see a playground but easily could have missed it. The arcade over at BC is MUCH larger than the one at BWI, we found that out when killing time waiting for our Cape May ADR. We used the quiet pools as late as 1am & no one cared - every now & then there would be someone else using either but not more than 3-4 people.

We walked to/from Epcot a few times, that is so great being that close. We do not walk to/from DHS, its a long walk & it was just too hot. We all have Annual Passes so we park hop A LOT, sometimes 3 parks in a day. If a park is too crowded we just move on to another one. Not as easy to do with 4 kids though! What are their ages?

If you like quiet time, walk over to BCV. Go to The Marketplace in BC & go out the door across from it into the villas. There are 2 Drawing Rooms or Solariums that are so pretty, and never a soul in them.

I got these water bottle "wraps" at Wal-Mart for $1 in the camping section that kept a bottle of water cold for about 4 hours. There is no freezer section in the fridges so we couldn't freeze them prior to going to the parks. We knew in the 1st hour just how much we needed to stay hydrated constantly. While they don't provide bottled water in the CL lounge, you can get a Styrofoam "to go" coffee cup from the coffee area & fill it with Pellegrino to take back to the room (with a lid), so you don't have to drink the nasty tap water if you run out of bottled water. Or pour it into your stainless steel water bottles.

That's one thing I love about BWI & BWV - there are these little sitting areas EVERYWHERE! When we stayed in BWV in April we also had a sitting area right outside our villa.

There is 1 arcade at BWI & another one at ESPN Club. I didn't see a playground but easily could have missed it. The arcade over at BC is MUCH larger than the one at BWI, we found that out when killing time waiting for our Cape May ADR. We used the quiet pools as late as 1am & no one cared - every now & then there would be someone else using either but not more than 3-4 people.

We walked to/from Epcot a few times, that is so great being that close. We do not walk to/from DHS, its a long walk & it was just too hot. We all have Annual Passes so we park hop A LOT, sometimes 3 parks in a day. If a park is too crowded we just move on to another one. Not as easy to do with 4 kids though! What are their ages?

If you like quiet time, walk over to BCV. Go to The Marketplace in BC & go out the door across from it into the villas. There are 2 Drawing Rooms or Solariums that are so pretty, and never a soul in them.

I got these water bottle "wraps" at Wal-Mart for $1 in the camping section that kept a bottle of water cold for about 4 hours. There is no freezer section in the fridges so we couldn't freeze them prior to going to the parks. We knew in the 1st hour just how much we needed to stay hydrated constantly. While they don't provide bottled water in the CL lounge, you can get a Styrofoam "to go" coffee cup from the coffee area & fill it with Pellegrino to take back to the room (with a lid), so you don't have to drink the nasty tap water if you run out of bottled water. Or pour it into your stainless steel water bottles.

Yea that's a good idea. Do they let u take the pellegrino to your room?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter