• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boardwalk Inn in February

2ndcruiser

Earning My Ears
Hi all. Family is staying at the Boardwalk Inn in February, with a water view room. Just looking for people's opinions of good and bad about the resort. Can't wait!

Hi all. Family is staying at the Boardwalk Inn in February, with a water view room. Just looking for people's opinions of good and bad about the resort. Can't wait!

You'll find all that you're looking for in this thread.

It's a beautiful and fun resort, have a great trip!

Boardwalk is the second choice after BCV, Backside Epcot is the best. Make sure you eat at Flying Fish

just got back and LOVED it. I always thought yc was my fav but now BW is. We got upgraded and the room was huge. Location is perfect.

I love BWI; it's my favorite deluxe. I stayed here last month club level with a boardwalk view.

Although I'm not crazy about the themed pool, I think everything else about the resort is quite nice.

Room excellent, CM's all superior. Loved pool and Leaping Horse Libations. I would have prefered, like at WL, that table service and quick service right in the hotel, but I am sure that many guests, and maybe yourselves, will say they really enjoyed walking out to the boardwalk for every little thing they/you needed or need

I will be staying at the BWV in Feb too. First time at WDW. My famifly raves about it and I can't wait. We have a BW view also.

If this is your first time at WDW, All I can say is, HAVE A GREAT TIME, the memories have already started!!:goofy::goofy:

Last year we stayed at the Boardwalk with a BW view. We did not have any problem with the noise as I had seen other people say on other threads. I loved sitting on the porch early in the morning with a cup of coffee. Also at night there would be magic shows that our kids loved to go and watch. We love the proximity to EPCOT - we would eat there daily. We love the atmosphere of the BW area.
Enjoy! :yay:

I posted this review from 1st visit last month and thought it might be helpful to you....

Review of our first time at Boardwalk Inn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was very impressed with this resort. Everything is so beautiful from the grounds to the rooms. I was suprised at the number of weddings we saw while we were there too. We booked a water view room with king bed. We got a water view room on the 3rd floor very near the ESPN club. We were next to the last room on that floor. We didn't get the king bed but the view from our balcony made up for that. I loved the decor of the room and absolutely loved the little Minnie lamp on our Mickey/Minnie engraved desk. We were never bothered by any noise from the club or the boardwalk once the patio door was closed which surprised me. It was so nice to just sit on the balcony with our morning coffee and relax watching all of the activities below. We did the online checkin and never had to go to the desk for anything because it came with auto checkout too. Now for a few negatives. Housekeeping never showed up the last 2 days we were there. I reported it after the first day but that didn't seem to help. Be prepared to walk! They only have elevators off of the lobby which means if you are at one end or the other, like we were, you had a huge walk to and from your room. We asked an employee where our room was as we got off of the 3rd floor elevator and she 'jokingly' said "about 2 miles down that way". She wasn't joking, it really seemed like 2 miles that first time. Mornings weren't bad but after a long day at the park, it was rough. Another problem I had was that the only quick service options were the sandwiches at the Boardwalk Bakery or pizza unless you wanted to walk over the the Beach Club. All in all I would probably stay there again but ask for a room closer to the elevator. And as nice as the waterview room was, we found ourselves sitting down on the boardwalk a lot in the evenings so if I needed to save some money somewhere, I could book a non-waterview room and be satisfied.

I agree with the previous post - we were also at the end of the hallway and a long walk from the elevator. To use our refillable mugs, we had to walk all the way back to the elevator, get out on the main floor, go down the stairs, outside, and around the corner to the Boardwalk Bakery, which was just two floors almost directly below our room. Kind of a pain when you just want to grab a quick drink.

The resort itself is beautiful, we loved the room, and had a great view of the Boardwalk. But if I were to stay there again, I would request a room close to the elevators.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter