Boardwalk Inn elevators

KristiT

Mouseketeer
Could someone please clarify the elevator situation at Boardwalk Inn for me? From past posts, it was my understanding that there was only 1 set of elevators near the lobby. Recently, I read a post about having to switch elevators in order to get from your room to the Boardwalk. Can anyone clarify??

There is a seperate elevator that runs only between the lobby level and the boardwalk level for those who need it (wheelchairs, strollers, etc.). It is also just off the lobby but seperate from the elevators that service the guest floors.
Hope that makes sense:D

Boardwalk elevators -

Hi KristiT,
There are two sets of stairs to the boardwalk level from the lobby level, so it is not necessary to use that elevator. We were there this past July and used it only when we had some food and stuff to take back to the room. It is true that the room elevators only go down to the lobby level, but we never found this to be an inconvenience. We have stayed at the BWI three times now and love it!! Have fun!!! Bob

The lobby is on the second floor, not Boardwalk level. You need to walk up the steps to the lobby level or take the elevator, you go through the door on the side of Flying Fish. Then if your room is on the 3rd, 4th or 5th floor, you would have to get another elevator.

Just a comment on the setup at BWI, not to reflect at all on the OP who asked a reasonable question... anyway.... I think sometimes people make way too much of the set up at BWI. The first time we reserved the Inn we were so excited then I read all these posts about how inconvenient the resturant situation was, how far it was to the Luna Park pool, how the lobby was one level up from the BW etc... I was really worried we'd made the wrong choice but low and behold we all loved the Inn. We found none of these things to be an issue just like finnie48 said. :rolleyes: ;) :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter