Boardwalk during refurb? What's it like now?

kboo

DIS Veteran
We are staying at BWV next month - I understand that the DVC villas are not due to start refurb until October or later, but have they started on the Inn section? Did it affect your stay in any way? Lobby, restaurants, boardwalk area, getting to/from the parks? We don't mind being in a non-refurbed room, but this might affect our room request. Thanks!

We are staying at BWV next month - I understand that the DVC villas are not due to start refurb until October or later, but have they started on the Inn section? Did it affect your stay in any way? Lobby, restaurants, boardwalk area, getting to/from the parks? We don't mind being in a non-refurbed room, but this might affect our room request. Thanks!
Really, they aren't starting until October? The refurbishment page doesn't give any dates. I was hoping to have a refurbished room in January. Have a Boardwalk View 2 bedroom booked. I don't understand why the information on the website is so vague.

ALL of the BW view villas are blocked from being reserved from something like mid-September through mid-November, so hopefully that means they’ll be refurbing those villas as well as the P/G views across the halls from them during that same time frame. ALL Standard views are blocked from early January through end February, so hopefully that’s their refurb time. But Disney hasn’t announced anything officially.

and my OP was because it sounded like they were working on the Boardwalk Inn side, and I was wondering what impact that might have to the overall BW experience.

and my OP was because it sounded like they were working on the Boardwalk Inn side, and I was wondering what impact that might have to the overall BW experience.
The Inn rooms are complete as is the refurb of the Belle Vue Lounge. Conversion of the ESPN Club to the Cake Bake Shop is underway, but I keep reading about the lack of visible progress there and haven’t read any complaints of noise on the BW. The pizza window was closed for renovations (an alternate location opened for pizza), and I’m not sure whether it’s finished or not. But it seems that with the exception of the Cake Bake Shop, there’s not much disruption going on - the ice cream shop, deli, Flying Fish, etc. are all up and running.

We haven’t been there since January, so when I read your initial post yesterday morning I was hoping someone who had been there more recently would respond. Maybe the fact that no one has reported any disruption on the BW itself is good news? Nothing is happening in the Villas yet.

I will add that the lobby was redone in the last 12 months and the main pool got an extensive refurbishment the year prior, so I very much doubt you will contend with anything in regards to either of those.

We were there this past Jan/Feb and the Inn side was being redone. The lobby was also being worked on. The lobby restrooms were also being worked on; this was really the only real inconvenience for me personally. While we were there, they started work on the Keister Coaster, by now that work should be done, I would hope.

We will be back again this coming Jan/Feb and I hope that the updates on the BWV rooms are done by then. I'm also hoping the Cake Bake Shop will be finished. I'm very much looking forward to trying the bake shop out, I'm hoping it's open for business by our next trip.

We will be back again this coming Jan/Feb and I hope that the updates on the BWV rooms are done by then. I'm also hoping the Cake Bake Shop will be finished. I'm very much looking forward to trying the bake shop out, I'm hoping it's open for business by our next trip.
Well, expect at a minimum some exterior work being done on the villas in Jan/Feb -
ALL of the BW view villas are blocked from being reserved from something like mid-September through mid-November, so hopefully that means they’ll be refurbing those villas as well as the P/G views across the halls from them during that same time frame. ALL Standard views are blocked from early January through end February, so hopefully that’s their refurb time. But Disney hasn’t announced anything officially.
Sorry.

Well, expect at a minimum some exterior work being done on the villas in Jan/Feb -

Sorry.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're saying. Are you saying that only exterior work is being done on the BWV villas and that the expected interior updates won't be done?

I'm curious as to how Disney can contractually push off the rehabs that they are supposed to do? Don't they have some legal responsibility to complete the updates as scheduled? How do they get away with not doing the right thing? How do they get to push off the rehabs that they are supposed to do until it suits them?

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're saying. Are you saying that only exterior work is being done on the BWV villas and that the expected interior updates won't be done?

I'm curious as to how Disney can contractually push off the rehabs that they are supposed to do? Don't they have some legal responsibility to complete the updates as scheduled? How do they get away with not doing the right thing? How do they get to push off the rehabs that they are supposed to do until it suits them?
No, what I’m saying is that the updates probably will not be done by Jan/Feb as you hoped. They’ll probably still be in progress.

There’s nothing in the contract with due dates. Boulder Ridge got put off for a long time, Covid was the excuse. But in the meantime, Poly and GF got pushed ahead. They wanted to sell the new buildings.

We start our stay at BWV on Monday, so I can report back in a few days 😁

Thanks, I for one would really appreciate hearing how things are going. :cutie:

I am thinking something is not right with Cake Bake - no progress in 10 months

I hope that is not the case. I was/am looking forward to the addition of the cake shop to the area. 🧁

No, what I’m saying is that the updates probably will not be done by Jan/Feb as you hoped. They’ll probably still be in progress.

Thanks for the clarification. Not the answer I was looking for, but it is what it is. I don't really have a problem with the rooms in their current condition. We never had a bad room, but it would have been nice to get a room that had the rehab done to it. If not 2024 then maybe 2025? I just hope it's done before 2042 LOL (not really funny I know). :rolleyes1

Just back from 6 fantastic nights at BWV 😍

The only work we noticed was that they were sanding and painting the porte cochere, as well as working on the convention area. Neither of these impacted our stay or the ability to get where we needed to go. Also, it looks like they are never going to finish the Cake Bake shop, lol.

The cast members we encountered were all lovely, our room was clean and no issues (just noticed some chips at the baseboards and average wear and tear on the carpets). We were in a pool view studio (4080) close to the elevator and the main pool. It was a bit loud in the afternoon when they were doing pool games, but it didn’t bother us (and we still napped daily- no kids, just two 30+ y/o adults).

Can’t speak to any BW restaurants- we ate breakfast in the room and lunch and dinner counter service in the parks.

Now just counting down the days to our next trip- 66 days until our first stay at RIV!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter