Boardwalk dinning dilemma

rvc

Disney is my happy place..
We were tossing around the idea to either stay at the GF for BI. We were just about to choose the BI until we heard that although the boardwalk has a great nightlife and also has convenient transportation to Epcot and MGM, we might have a problem finding a place to have breakfast. We are traveling with three kids, 5, 7 and 10. The kids like the Mickey waffles and french toast sticks but it seem the only thing that is available at the boardwalk/ Boardwalk Inn are bagels and muffins.

Besides wasting a lot of time at a character breakfast can anyone recommend a place to eat or do you think we should change our hotel selection?

Spoodles has a very good breakfast, and if you walk over to th Dolphin, there is Fresh.

Best overall for good quality food and service, quiet athomsphere, and solid choice is YACHT CLUB GALLEY - just a short walk over the lake.

No, it's not a really really exciting menu, but it's well prepared and a good change of pace. Somehow I dont' feel like this is a typical overrated WDW restaurant, more like a good solid place you'd find in any city.

If you don't want a hot meal everymorning the BW bakery has some great muffins and whatnots to begin a day, check there menu out at wdwig.com. Very yummy. You can always head over to the Swan/Dolphin for breakfast as it is a short hop on over.

Breakfast at Spoodles was very good--and they had Mickey Waffle when we ate there last May. Yacht Club Galley has really great breakfast buffet. Both places are very mellow and quiet in the morning, a nice change of pace from the chaotic character breakfasts.

You could always stop at the Boardwalk Bakery....I also was going to suggest Yacht Club Galley.

You have to go outside to go to a restaurant, really only a problem if it's raining. You'll have the same problem in the GF. If that concerns you look at YC or S/D.

As others have posted Spoodles, Fresh, Bakery and Yacht Club Gallery are all great place to have breakfast.

DH loves toasted Bagels in the am, can you get them at the Boardwalk Bakery?

Yup Yup! Spoodles and the Yacht CLub Galley are both excellent choices! Also the Cape May CB, and there is a good place at the Dolphin--someone help me here--I haven't eaten there but it's gotten rave reviews.

Anne

Thank you all for your help. I think we will stick with the BI!

Try the breakfast pizza/flat bread at Spoodles. This is an absolute MUST for me and my DS (almost 15). It is SOOOOOO Good!!!!!!!
We love all the breakfast options at Spoodles. It is such a nice and quiet way to start your day.

Spoodles is our favorite
Cape May Buffet at the Beach Club
Yatchmens at the yatch club
Tubbies at the Dolphin
Fresh at the Dolphin
Garden Grove at the Swan
Boardwalk Bakery
all of the above are a quick walk from the boardwalk

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter