Boardwalk construction e-mail for our stay

heidijanesmith

DIS Veteran
We are staying BWV from June 14-22nd. I got an e-mail stating that there will be construction during our stay. It does not state what type of construction, just that there is some going on.

Anybody know what they are working on? As long as it's not the main pool, we should be ok.

Last November it was just some painting to the buildings. Never saw anything major.

We are staying BWV from June 14-22nd. I got an e-mail stating that there will be construction during our stay. It does not state what type of construction, just that there is some going on.

Anybody know what they are working on? As long as it's not the main pool, we should be ok.

I am assuming it will be the gondola construction that will be going on at multiple places on property. The Boardwalk construction should be out near the speedway gas station so I don't think it will be much of a nuisance other than maybe some traffic delays depending on whether or not it is very close to the road.

I am assuming it will be the gondola construction that will be going on at multiple places on property. The Boardwalk construction should be out near the speedway gas station so I don't think it will be much of a nuisance other than maybe some traffic delays depending on whether or not it is very close to the road.

I think June is WAY too soon for any Gondola construction.
The Gondolas are not rumored/stated to be affecting the Boardwalk at all.
The "stations" seem to be at Epcot, Hollywood Studios, CBR, POP/AoA

I think June is WAY too soon for any Gondola construction.
The Gondolas are not rumored/stated to be affecting the Boardwalk at all.
The "stations" seem to be at Epcot, Hollywood Studios, CBR, POP/AoA
The map in the link below shows a turn right next to The Boardwalk parking lot. There will need to be some sort of construction to create the turn. AoA reservations got a similar email today which would explain the construction at both places going on this summer.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/04/walt-disney-world-gondola-system-foundation-construction-begin/

I see the area you mean.
That article is from April 2nd, quite awhile ago. None of this is officially announced yet by Disney
Agreed but the paperwork has been filed. They don't always announce things before they begin construction on them.

We are staying at BWV June 11-23 and also received an e-mail today. This is the text of the e-mail we received. Doesn't sound like major construction to me.

Walt Disney once spoke of how his creations would never be complete as long as there is imagination left in the world. It is in this spirit that we embarked on some refurbishment projects across the Resort that will be taking place during your visit. Throughout this time, the Resort will be in full operation with all amenities available to you, including our merchandise, recreation and dining locations, featuring our signature restaurant, Flying Fish.

That's the same email I received back in December for my stay this past February. They were just doing routine painting and balcony maintenance.

I just received that email for my stay in May. I'm a little annoyed I picked this hotel trying to avoid any construction. And with all the hotels booked up there isn't anywhere to move to. I really hope it's not bad construction because I have down days planning to spend at the hotel

I just received that email for my stay in May. I'm a little annoyed I picked this hotel trying to avoid any construction. And with all the hotels booked up there isn't anywhere to move to. I really hope it's not bad construction because I have down days planning to spend at the hotel
We received 2 today...the one we have for BWI CL May 28-June4 and YC CL July 1-8th....I am also a bit concerned. I knew they were working on YC but I was unaware of the BW. I will be interested if anyone is there now. We had a horrific experience with construction when they were redoing the rooms....1 week of jack hammering directly under our room for a week. Couldn't move us! Most unbelievable vacation we ever had. I did address the situation with upper mgt and provided a video...but I do not want any further incidents. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter