Boardwalk Bakery

laughinplace199

<font color=blue>AKA Shrimpo or Flamingo Legs<br><
What's your favorite thing to get at the BW Bakery? We're planning on going there for a quick breakfast. I've never been there, so what's good?

While donuts arent usually my first choice of breakfast food, Itried some of DS's vanilla & chocolate frosted ones and was very impressed. I had gotten a chocolate croissant and was a bit disappointed. While it was good enough, it was somewhat cold and the chocolate in it was hard. I expected it to be warm and gooey, not like a piece of candy. I still ate it though. ;)

I had a cherry danish and it was good. I got a sticky bun for one of the ds and they said it was good. Or some cinnamon bun type thing, I cant remember. It smells so yummy in there!

:wave:

i've never been to the boardwalk bakery:rolleyes: but after reading this thread it is now on my 'must do list':teeth:

eve

Thanks for the suggestions. It sounds like it will be very hard to decide what to get. I guess we'll have to go more than once during our 3 day trip - maybe all 3 days!

oh my...just reading the title of your post made my mouth water for their chocoloate cake! :) You can have that for breakfast, right? :)

Jill

I wouldn't count on it being a "quick" breakfast. There has been a HUGE line every time we've been by. :earseek: :hyper:

The regular croissants are fabulous! In fact, that 's one of the reasons my kids are glad that we're staying at Boardwalk again this year. The glazed donuts are good and so is the coffee. Sometimes the line does get long but it moves quickly. :earsboy:

My dh and I love the boardwalk bakery.I loved the chocolate eclairs.We take a walk there when we stay at BCV. Its one of our favorite things to do.The lines could get long,but they go fast.We get what we order and sit at a shaded table on the boardwalk.We find it to be a relaxing time by the water. Can't wait,we'll be there in August.

Not really a breakfast item, but the Banana Cream Pie is excellent. Everything is delicious - they supply the concierge with goodies, so I've sampled almost everything they have to offer.

Originally posted by JESW
oh my...just reading the title of your post made my mouth water for their chocoloate cake! :) You can have that for breakfast, right? :)

Jill

I see absolutely nothing wrong with having cake for breakfast!:)

The bow tie twisted donut was really good. So was the danish. But, I thought the vanilla covered donuts were a little too sweet. My dh really enjoyed the eclair.

The line may look long, but you really can't fit too many people in the bakery at one time. So it moves pretty quick.

We are going to be at Disney on Christmas Day and are hoping to use VKL vouchers for dinner. Has anyone done this? On the voucher there are no date restrictions listed so I am assuming that it would be valid on holidays. Has anyone done this?

We made several visits to the Boardwalk Bakery earlier this month. DH is a Cinnamon Yummie fan....DS & DD love their chocolate chip muffins and my favorite are the chocolate frosted donuts. I'm not a big donut fan but these are the best!!!

Several times we picked up breakfast items the night before. DH & I also took early walks on the Boardwalk and were able to visit the bakery when they opened at 6:30. :D

Originally posted by MomEars
My dh and I love the boardwalk bakery.I loved the chocolate eclairs.We take a walk there when we stay at BCV. Its one of our favorite things to do.The lines could get long,but they go fast.We get what we order and sit at a shaded table on the boardwalk.We find it to be a relaxing time by the water. Can't wait,we'll be there in August.

I've never been there but I think I will try that.

Hey! We'll be there at about the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter