Boardwalk 2023 Renovation schedule

Finally got together with family this week and decided next year would work for WDW. I had checked on 2 bedrooms at the Boardwalk for the first week of April just two weeks ago and should have booked then but did not want to borrow points until I was sure. Now there are only a few nights left vs. wide open availability then. I assume this is because of the refurbishment? I can see availability and almost all other resorts but cannot book yet. (Are they also refurbishing the pools?)

Last edited:
Finally got together with family this week and decided next year would work for WDW. I had checked on 2 bedrooms at the Boardwalk for the first week of April just two weeks ago and should have booked then but did not want to borrow points until I was sure. Now there are only a few nights left vs. wide open availability then. I assume this is because of the refurbishment? I can see availability and almost all other resorts but cannot book yet. (Are they also refurbishing the pools?)
Pools were fairly recently refurbished and they haven’t announced anything.

That’s WEIRD. What view type? I’ve been tracking the number of 1BRs available for April for a couple months; I’ll check later today whether it’s dropped suddenly too.

Pools were fairly recently refurbished and they haven’t announced anything.

That’s WEIRD. What view type? I’ve been tracking the number of 1BRs available for April for a couple months; I’ll check later today whether it’s dropped suddenly too.
All view types only have a few days left for a 2 bedroom at BWV. There is availability for a 1 bedroom with Boardwalk or Poolview. It is strange since the Boardwalk has so many rooms. I can see availability even at the Beach Club.

Last edited:
All view types only have a few days left for a 2 bedroom at BWV. There is availability for a 1 bedroom with Boardwalk or Poolview. It is strange since the Boardwalk has so many rooms. I can see availability even at the Beach Club.
It is not unusual for BWV to fill for multiple days for studios and 2BRs (which, as lock-offs, can disappear via studio reservations), during Easter week by 7 1/2 months out (BCV has dedicated 2BRs which can last a little longer and sometimes be open at 7-months out, although those may also fill by 7-months out for Easter week).

Last edited:

It is not unusual for BWV to fill for multiple days for studios and 2BRs (which, as lock-offs, can disappear via studio reservations), during Easter week by 7 1/2 months out (BCV has dedicated 2BRs which can last a little longer and sometimes be open at 7-months out, although those may also fill by 7-months out for Easter week).
That makes sense... forgot about lock-offs. I think I will waitlist and cross my fingers!

I just got an email that our garden view (if that is even what it is called now hahahaha) studio waitlist came thru. Do you think that we are NOT going to have a refurbished room? I really don't want to stay there if its not :(

I just got an email that our garden view (if that is even what it is called now hahahaha) studio waitlist came thru. Do you think that we are NOT going to have a refurbished room? I really don't want to stay there if its not :(

When are you going? They event even started them yet.

FEB 2024

Was thinking since the waitlist happened that they figured out what rooms would be done ;(

I guess wishful thinking hahaha

Unfortunately I don’t think they will be done by then but not really sure when that category starts.

FEB 2024

Was thinking since the waitlist happened that they figured out what rooms would be done ;(

I guess wishful thinking hahaha
Disney hasn’t said a thing about the schedule. But speculation (guess) is that if they blocked off the BW view villas from September to November, that might mean they’ll be refurbishing the BW view villas and the P/G view villas across the hall from them during that time. That would mean there should be at least some P/G view complete by the time you’re there in February. Good luck!

I'm arriving on the 18th but my first week is at poly so not staying at bwv until the 26th. I'll post and update when i get over there on an Epcot day if no one else has by then.

I am shocked that we haven't seen anything or heard from anyone at BWV. Either they aren't doing any work or us BWV owners are not nearly as dedicated as the BRV owners. 😂

Right? I'm assuming nobody has seen anything to report? I (along with a few zillion other people) plan to stay on the DVC side (studio P/G view) during December. Will update what I see at that point.

I am shocked that we haven't seen anything or heard from anyone at BWV. Either they aren't doing any work or us BWV owners are not nearly as dedicated as the BRV owners. 😂
I saw mention somewhere that they were painting the outside of the building. At least that’s something!

I’m here now. Got here on Saturday and here for 12 nights. Leaving 9/21. I posted an update….

lots of craziness and activities going on. The section on the bw view side is completely closed, every floor. The doors start at the entrance to the left when you get off the elevator. They’ve been taking things out continuously, beds, dressers, chairs, etc. it must be empty over there. A huge crew of workers. so much activity plus lots of detours throughout the day. Parking lot near tennis court completely closed for the construction supply site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter