• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boardwalk 2023 Renovation schedule

elenex

Mouseketeer
This is strictly speculation and unconfirmed, but it appears that the much anticipated boardwalk renovations may be taking place around September 2023.

My family and I are planning a late Sep/early Oct 2023 stay and I've been eyeballing the 11-month window leading up to our trip. From 9/10 on, all BW view room types have been completely unavailable at 11 months + 8 days when viewed between 12 and 8am est. Kind of a bummer for us since we were expecting a boardwalk view, but glad it may finally be happening.

Not sure what you might be seeing. We are currently 11-months out from a Sep 8, 2023 arrival date. The system is currently showing seven nights, Sep 8 through 14, as open, except for boardwalk view after Sep 8. Why dates after Sep 8 are not being shown as open for boardwalk view could be due to a system problem rather than the refurb.

It is likely the the refurb will be going on for much of 2023, but there should be no time when the refurb will cause all boardwalk view rooms to be unavailable. I have been through every refurb that has happened at BWV, and the process as to doing the rooms has been the same. They do 1/2 of a floor at a time, usually starting with the fifth floor, and when that is done, they begin the other half of the same floor, and when that is done, move down and start the same process on the next floor. Since boardwalk view rooms are on five different floors, there should always be some that can be a reserved while the the refurb is going on.

Last edited:
Well that's unusual. Right now i see all non bw view rooms as available through 9/14, but every single bw category room is unavailable from 9/9 onward. ie i can currently book a garden/pool for 9/7-9/14, but i can only book bw view rooms for 9/7 and 9/8.

Well that's unusual. Right now i see all non bw view rooms as available through 9/14, but every single bw category room is unavailable from 9/9 onward. ie i can currently book a garden/pool for 9/7-9/14, but i can only book bw view rooms for 9/7 and 9/8.
I'm seeing the same thing. No Boardwalk view rooms available after 9/8.

This is strictly speculation and unconfirmed, but it appears that the much anticipated boardwalk renovations may be taking place around September 2023.

My family and I are planning a late Sep/early Oct 2023 stay and I've been eyeballing the 11-month window leading up to our trip. From 9/10 on, all BW view room types have been completely unavailable at 11 months + 8 days when viewed between 12 and 8am est. Kind of a bummer for us since we were expecting a boardwalk view, but glad it may finally be happening.
I noticed it a few days ago also. i should have been able to add to my 9/3 - 9/9 reservation, but the 10th (plus 1 for each new day) was greyed out. Really curious how many days they are taking all the BW View rooms out for.
Hopefully, the reason that they are removing that entire block of rooms is because they are also doing renos on that area of the Boardwalk itself, & they don't take out all the Standard rooms in a single phase

September 9-16 (11 month window) is showing no reservations for Boardwalk view this morning.

Kinda bummed, trying to push back my travel a bit since this definitely suggests outdoor work. Hopefully it's not for more than a couple of weeks. On the positive side this new alert makes it sound as though the beginning of the refurb is much more imminent!

https://dvcfan.com/2022/10/11/boardwalk-dvc-villas-refurbishment-coming-soon/
I’ve been watching this too, and I think we are going to branch out and try another resort. We always stay at the boardwalk. We were there during the last renovations, and we prefer a quieter vacation. It wasn’t horrible, but definitely noisy during the day. I’m just nervous about 7 month availability since I always book at 11 months. I think we will be ok though. We are thinking OKW, but we aren’t super picky. It’s hard to beat the Boardwalk for location though!

I’ve been watching this too, and I think we are going to branch out and try another resort. We always stay at the boardwalk. We were there during the last renovations, and we prefer a quieter vacation. It wasn’t horrible, but definitely noisy during the day. I’m just nervous about 7 month availability since I always book at 11 months. I think we will be ok though. We are thinking OKW, but we aren’t super picky. It’s hard to beat the Boardwalk for location though!

i would be concerned about 7 months. The garden view is already taking a hit, though could be walkers too. I’m currently booking a standard studio. Normally I don’t rush to add a day, but have been adding my day every morning at 8am. There are some days where we are 5 days gone. I have a checkin day of 9/9 and booking 12 nights, so still have 3 more mornings to add days. Mostly I’m nervous when the same thing will happen to the standard side. I have a late October trip planned too.

i would be concerned about 7 months. The garden view is already taking a hit, though could be walkers too. I’m currently booking a standard studio. Normally I don’t rush to add a day, but have been adding my day every morning at 8am. There are some days where we are 5 days gone. I have a checkin day of 9/9 and booking 12 nights, so still have 3 more mornings to add days. Mostly I’m nervous when the same thing will happen to the standard side. I have a late October trip planned too.
I can do 11 months at boardwalk. Its our home resort. My concern is trying to book a different resort at 7 months because we want to try something different. I’ve never waited until 7 months. I like everything planned as far in advance as possible. I want to book at boardwalk now and then switch at 7 months. I think it is walkers. I’ve been watching availability since early august. It keeps opening up a day at a time. We only want 7 nights, but we need a 2 bedroom. This is our first time going in September. We are really hoping for a quieter less crowded vacation.

I can do 11 months at boardwalk. Its our home resort. My concern is trying to book a different resort at 7 months because we want to try something different. I’ve never waited until 7 months. I like everything planned as far in advance as possible. I want to book at boardwalk now and then switch at 7 months. I think it is walkers. I’ve been watching availability since early august. It keeps opening up a day at a time. We only want 7 nights, but we need a 2 bedroom. This is our first time going in September. We are really hoping for a quieter less crowded vacation.
Totally different vibe, but poly is usually available at 7 month if you're looking for studios. Others will be hit or miss and there no chance at beach club. I'm still undecided myself, was planning a split poly/bwv end of Sept/early Oct so may grab a garden view for now and flip a couple of nights to poly. May also flip bwv to the end and hope that bw view rooms open up by then.

Totally different vibe, but poly is usually available at 7 month if you're looking for studios. Others will be hit or miss and there no chance at beach club. I'm still undecided myself, was planning a split poly/bwv end of Sept/early Oct so may grab a garden view for now and flip a couple of nights to poly. May also flip bwv to the end and hope that bw view rooms open up by then.
Thanks. We really want a 2 bedroom, but can possibly do 2 studios.

Just coming across this and was surprised to see BW essentially gone for all of September and October. Are they really doing work that long because its booked at 11+7 right now from what I can see solid which I have to assume is meaning these rooms are blocked off.

So its going to be 2 months of Boardwalk View rooms being closed? This seems a little crazy when you think this is a good percentage of the rooms not just a couple club level rooms at AK.

What type of refurb are they doing? Does not seem that long ago they re did the rooms and tiled the studio bathrooms and kitchens.
They also did a Big pain job not that many years ago too.

What type of refurb are they doing? Does not seem that long ago they re did the rooms and tiled the studio bathrooms and kitchens.
They also did a Big pain job not that many years ago too.
This should be a full refurb, compared to the refresh in 2016. I expect to see the sofa beds replaced by the queen Murphy beds that pull down over the sofa. I have no idea what else they might do, but it's likely to involve a new color scheme, new drapes, maybe replacing the whirlpool tubs with soaker tubs as they've done elsewhere. And the addition of more electrical outlets for charging cell phones needed in the parks for using Genie!

I've been keeping an eye over the past month as I have a reservation for late Sept into early Oct and I was considering delaying the trip to get a brand new boardwalk view room. They have never opened at the 11+7 window, so this is looking like at least a 2 month refurb.

I might consider a switch at 7 to BCV if somehow it's available to avoid the construction.

How does it work with getting a refurbed room when you go in the middle of the refurb?

Meaning, I want to book from Jan 1 2024 through Jan 6 2024. If they are part-way through the refurb, and not all the way finished, can I just make a request to be placed in a refurbed room and they will grant that request if they can?

How does it work with getting a refurbed room when you go in the middle of the refurb?

Meaning, I want to book from Jan 1 2024 through Jan 6 2024. If they are part-way through the refurb, and not all the way finished, can I just make a request to be placed in a refurbed room and they will grant that request if they can?
it works like every other request: you can ask, but odds for success will depend upon the resort's ability to deliver.

If 50% of the rooms are refurbished and 95% of incoming guests request a refurbished room, many will not get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter