• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boarding Times & Reservation Times??

MamaKate

Simply meant to be...
Hello!

I'm trying to figure all the different times on embarkation day.

1) What time do they start boarding on the Ship?

2) What time do they allow you to go into your stateroom?

3) What time do the Spa & Palo open for reservations?

4) What time does the kids club open for sign-ups?

5) What time do they stop serving lunch?

6) What time does the Sail Away party start?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm trying to plan what times I should do everything once on board :crazy: !

Thanks for all the help!!
;) :D ,
Katie

Hopefully these answers are close to being correct:

1. About 11:30AM to Noon

2. In April it was about 2PM, if I recall correctly, before the let us go past the ropes to get to the staterooms

3. Again in April it was about 12:30 - 1PM

4. Pretty much once you get on board, but it wiil stop at about 3 PM to 4 PM for the safety drill

5. No sure never stayed that long...sorry check www.dcltribute.com for past navigators for approx times

6. Check the past navigators....

Thanks din~ Thanks for the times. I was trying to get approximations, so your times are great.

I'm going to pull up the Navigators to see what the usual time for the Sail Away Party is.

Thanks again!
Katie

Port opens at 10, counters open for check in at 10:30. Boarding starts at 11:45 ish (this can vary a few minutes.)

Lunch is served any time after boarding starts. Dining changes and ressies for Palo and Spa started right away.

Cabins were ready at 1:30.

Kiddo registration was open at 12

Everything stops at 4 for the safety drill.

Sail away party is right after the safety drill, about 5:15.

From our 4th of July Cruise:

We started boarding about 11:45.

They served lunch until 3:00

Kids club 12:30, Spa & Palo 1:00

Got in our stateroom at 1:30

Sail Away Party was at 4:30

Thanks Everyone!! :wave:

I'm glad I got all the times written down!

Now I can plan our 1st day on-board more efficiently. I've heard it can get quite hectic if you plan on making alot of ressies & such.

Thanks again for the info!
;) :D ,
Katie

MamaKate ~ If your child doesn't plan on going to the club/lab the first night it's much easier to register on the second day. That's what I plan to do, unless DS changes his mind and wants to go the first night.

I've heard that Palo/Spa reservations sometimes don't open until over an hour after boarding (11:30 boarding - 1:00 res for example) - I've even heard in one instance that reservations didn't start until 2PM but that was an isolated incident. I don't understand why they wouldn't allow you to begin to make these reservations the minute they opened the ship to boarding - they might save people some time waiting in a huge line. It has to be almost the norm now-days for well informed people to make a bee-line for the spa/palo reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter