• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boarding the Magic Saturday

Soooo Jealous! Go to guest servies and see if you can book anything (you didn't or couldn't get)

First thing when boarding : go to the buffet ! We sometimes split up to go to guest services (for meet & greet tickets not available on the website) and check if we have a private table at the dining room then meet at the buffet.

We started by booking anything we missed the opportunity to book including character meets, adult dining, drink classes, and other cool things. Then add gift cards to account if we have them. Then eat. But most importantly eat! Oh and snap a pic with the atrium statue. :D

Look at the NY harbor from the top deck!

We prefer the buffet in the dining room where they bring you your drinks.

We do too and I feel completely unprepared.

We started by booking anything we missed the opportunity to book including character meets, adult dining, drink classes, and other cool things. Then add gift cards to account if we have them. Then eat. But most importantly eat! Oh and snap a pic with the atrium statue. :D

Drink classes should be booked where? Will they fill up fast?

I would get a bite to eat while you review the navigator and then would take a stroll around the boat to get familiar with the areas that will be most important to you. You can also modify dining, swim in the pool, ride the slide, and get ready for your rooms to be ready.

The embarkation buffet is served at Carioca's on the Magic (Deck 3 Aft). It's usually less crowded than Cabana's, because you are seated before getting in line for the buffet. Things can get really jammed up at Cabana's because of the configuration. It's less problematic on the Fantasy.

The embarkation buffet is served at Carioca's on the Magic (Deck 3 Aft). It's usually less crowded than Cabana's, because you are seated before getting in line for the buffet. Things can get really jammed up at Cabana's because of the configuration. It's less problematic on the Fantasy.

Awesome thank you so much!! Yes Cabana's on the Dream was a cluster every day and seemed to be especially bad for lunch the day we left...would love to eat somewhere a little less hectic on our next cruise on the Magic. Thanks for the advice:-)

It has been Lumiere's the last two times we were on the Magic, but check the Navigator in case they change the location. And yes they can fill up. We ate lunch first and then headed there to sign up. There were still plenty to choose from, but a few were already sold out. If you have one in particular that you are interested in, I'd head there prior to eating lunch.

They are booked at guest services at the front desk. They do fill up pretty quickly. They have wine, beer and tequila tastings. my favorite is the mixology class. :rolleyes:

Two questions...the alcohol policy allows 6 beers per person to be carried on. Does anyone know if something like a Mike's Hard Lemonade or a wine cooler is considered ok or is that considered spirits?

Also, we were assigned the second seating for dinner. Are the shows offered two times per night...one for early seating and one for late seating?

Last edited:
Two questions...the alcohol policy allows 6 beers per person to be carried on. Does anyone know if something like a Mike's Hard Lemonade or a wine cooler is considered ok or is that considered spirits?

Also, we were assigned the second seating for dinner. Are the shows offered two times per night...one for early seating and one for late seating?

Not sure about alcohol but the shows are offered 2x. Once for early for late seating and once late for early seating

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter