• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boarding Schools?

I've always kind of secretly wanted to go to boarding school...seems like good prep for college, the whole living away from home thing. Do you have to be mega rich to go to your school or is there financial aid?

dragonfly75 said:
I've always kind of secretly wanted to go to boarding school...seems like good prep for college, the whole living away from home thing. Do you have to be mega rich to go to your school or is there financial aid?
I'm on financial aid. I think like 75% of my school is actually.

wow thats awesome that your school has such good financial aid!! I was looking at the website, and you're right- your breaks are really long. It looks like a good school. If only my parents would let me go....

seriously, my school right now pretty much sucks, no one cares about anything, and they just busted the latin teacher for stealing $10,000, theres no ceiling (just some pretty pipes), its about a thousand years old, the list goes on and on...

haha sorry a little bit of a vent there

its ok. my school isnt exactly new. it was founded in 1850... but its a nice school and i think we have one of the prettiest campus's out of all of the campus's that i have seen. and it is a small school there is only like 291 students. but im not gunna lie, people do steal. a girl got $1,000 stolen last year, and some other things have been stolen and its happening again this year...

wow thats a really small school! (ours has about 700) Thats really too bad about the stealing problem, is it because there isn't anywhere safe to put expensive things? (haha the questions never end LOL! :rotfl2: )

well this year I brought a trunk with a lock. but there are just some sneaky people. like my roomate, who is a klepto, stole my razor twice.... so its like stupid things like that. and i had cookies for other people for christmas presants under my bed but someone at them. so its like people just dont have any respect sometimes i guess.

Yeah that does stink.

I may want togo to bording school. Do you get to call home and stuff like that. I would be calling every night to say good night to my parents(I know it sounds weird).

yea there are pay phones and if you have cingular you can hang outside of a window and you will get like 3 bars of service

Ohh. Well do u only have to be in high skool to go to boarding schoool or can u be in grammar schoool?

there is a grammar school that is a boarding school really close to my school.(most of those kids come to my school after 9th grade, which is how high their school goes up to. and There is another one that is close to where I live that is grammar and high school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter