Blusher Veil/Hair Question - I need your advice!

mermaidbride1108

Disney Fairy Tale Bride 8.31.09
Ok Ladies, so my mom really, really wanted me to wear a blusher. I gotta give her props because she was limited in what she asked for. But I hate blushers. So when we went to purchase my veil, my mom said ok to a single layer veil and my sister said 'jump on it, she's giving up the blusher!' so I got the single-layer veil and I'm very happy with it.

Well now I'm feeling bad, I really don't want to wear a blusher, but my mom really wanted it. She hasn't asked for much, and she's contributing alot for this wedding financially, so I decided to give in to the blusher. I emailed a Veil Design website and explained the situation. I didn't want to purchase another whole veil, just the blusher.

Well the designer suggested to options:

A single layer white tulle, standard cut, 25-29 inches on a 3' on 3.5' plastic comb. I would put the comb under or over the other veil comb and just pull it out right after the ceremony.

or

attaching blidal hoops instead of the comb, the hoops would be attached via bobby pins and then all I would do is remove the bobby pins to remove the veil.

What do you guys think?? Which option should I go with? I was leaning towards the bobby pins because then it would mess up my hair less before I take pictures after the ceremony. Once we head to reception, I'm taking off my veil anyway, but I want some pics with it after Ceremony.

I emailed Veronica at Beaute Speciale but haven't heard back yet. Anyone mind sharing their experience with this or what their recommendation is?

THANKS!:flower3:

Could you try them both on- at a store or something to see if one looks better or if one is easier to get in and out without messing up your hair?

I would talk to Beaute Speciale. But I think that the bobby pins may be easier because then you aren't having to take off your single layer veil. Talk it over with veronica and I'm sure she will have the answer for ya! I have to find a blusher veil too because DF said that he wants to pull it back. Who would have thought?

I had a blusher veil that was attached to its own comb.
After the ceremony I just pulled it off and went for pictures. My hair didn't move (and I used Beaute Speciale)

I think the comb is simple, and a quick fix. My blusher was only $20 at Alfred Angelo.

As a side note about the blusher. Are you planning to wear it through the ceremony? I just wore mine as I entered our venue then my dad flipped it right before we walked down the aisle for effect. This is a way that you could both get both worlds :goodvibes

Jesse- so you had two combs then? And it didn't mess up your hair? That's good to hear...

Vanessa - Actually, the plan is that my Dad will flip it over after we walk down the aisle before he gives me away. But my main complaint with blushers is that I HATE how it clouds up when somone flips it over. So I'm hoping so how I can limit the fluffing.

Veronica let me know she forwarded my question to Ana, I'll let you all know her recommendation!

Vanessa - Actually, the plan is that my Dad will flip it over after we walk down the aisle before he gives me away. But my main complaint with blushers is that I HATE how it clouds up when somone flips it over. So I'm hoping so how I can limit the fluffing.

That's what my mom was worried about too (my dad left her with a big poof after flipping her blusher) and she made my dad practice on me for several months before the wedding. We even practiced at the rehearsal using my Minnie bride ears for a veil :rotfl:

Good luck, it sounds like you should get it all figured out :bride:

My daughter wore a blusher for the ceremony. She wanted to wear the veil throughout the entire reception as it complimented her gown. With both the blusher and the veil (single layer veil) it became too poofy. The store ordered the veil with a velcro blusher that was immediately removed after the ceremony and we had the beautiful veil alone. Not a hair moved out of place! It was great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter