Blusher question

dreajoyanne

Our Fairytale Beginning
So with my veil I have a blusher and I am wondering if I could see what other brides have done with it.

1) Once your parents/father/special person walks you down the aisle, they life it and then it stays back and your MOH fixes it.

2) Once he tells your groom to kiss the bride, he lifts the blusher and kisses you and after your MOH fixes it.

Basically for the second option you are wearing it for pretty much the whole ceremony. Thoughts?

I actually wore my mom's veil which had a blusher on it. She always said how she hated having her face covered in all the shots of her ceremony. So, what I decided to do was to have me enter the AAR with it over my face and then my dad lifted it before we walked down the aisle, so my DH could see my face as I approached him. We practiced having my dad straighten it too, so it wasn't sticking up funny after he lifted it for me. :bride:

I wore a birdcage over my face, so it was basically a blusher. My mom walked me down the aisle and lifted it when we reached the end...

MDJ0277512-18-08.jpg

I had a veil with a blusher. I wore it down and my uncle (who gave me away) removed it before the rest of the ceremony. I took the whole veil off for the reception.

the veil from the top which was back during pics...

MD18886-22-07-1.jpg

down the aisle...
MD20156-22-07-2.jpg

a blessing before the removal....
MD20226-22-07-1.jpg

removing the veil...
MD20256-22-07-1.jpg

MD20266-22-07-1.jpg

during the ceremony..
MD20536-22-07-1-1.jpg

I'm thinking of having my DF lift the blusher because he asked if I could have one because he likes it

OceanGdss, i've been considering using a birdcage veil too and I LOVE that picture of your mom lifting it... how touching! :)

thank you :love: I debated over the birdcage veil for several months, but I'm so glad I went with it....it was so glamorous and sweet... I'm also glad I chose a tule (sp??) material rather than the netting. My 'feel' for the wedding was soft and romantic, while I view netting as modern/retro (oxymoronic I know...but my wedding was neither lol). Either way...pick a material that is right for you and a length that flatters (I did hours of research before picking the right one lol) and your guests will be amazed at the beauty of it :) Oh..and photos turn out amazing with a birdcage!!

Here's some by Randy with it over my face and flipped back:
MDJ0250912-18-08.jpg

MDJ0251612-18-08_2.jpg

MDJ0232712-18-08.jpg

As you can probably tell here, I had it over my face for the whole ceremony:
w163.jpg

But I thought it was a great moment when my hubbie lifted it to "kiss the bride":
Kiss.jpg

Kiss2.jpg

It all depends I think on what YOU want. If you google you can see a few of the traditions that wearing the veil over your face comes from. I think it can be a very sweet and tender moment either of your father presenting you to the groom, or the groom lifting the veil to kiss his new wife for the first time. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter