• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Blue Zoo: BIG thumbs UP!!!

Peter Pirate 2

<font color=red>I may be a Disney curmudgeon but I
Ate at the Zoo for the third time, a little concerned over the recent reviews, but not to worry. Our food was tremendous, I had the Wahoo fish of the day and my daughter had a fish I can't pronounce (her's was a little more flavorfull). Our salad was top notch as well. We had no room for desert and our service was very good.

I think Blue Zoo is probably the best bet for foodies at WDW at this point in time.
pirate:

This is one restaurant we haven't tried yet, but it is on our 'to do' list. Is the dress business casual?

Did you dine with your thong hanging out of your jeans?:rotfl:

Hi PP! I am so glad you had a great experience there. It gives me hope. Did you sit in the dining room or lounge? What time and day of the week did you dine there? Was it busy? I was soooo disappointed with our last visit there...I REALLY want to believe that it was just an off night for them. I am looking forward to hearing more reviews of BZ before our next Dolphin stay in Sept.

BTW, we dined at FF on our last trip, which I know you feel has gone downhill. It was our first time there, so we have nothing to compare it to, and we really loved it. Have you been there recently?

Thanks for the review!

That's great to hear! :thumbsup2 We've always had a excellent meal at Blue Zoo. I don't know what was up with the bad reviews. :confused3 It's still on our must-do list. Glad you had a good time. Thanks for sharing! :goodvibes

-Michelle

They made me tuck in the thong, darn it!;) But I got 'em...Underneath my clothes I was totally naked!!! ... And no one even noticed!:rotfl:

We ate there last Wednesday night (6:30). Sat in the big room, in a corner booth so it was very comfy. The bar was empty and the restaurant only about half full. I do think your experience must have been an off night based on my 3 for 3 experience in the past year.

RE: FF, I haven't been lately, but may try again soon. It wasn't that it was bad on our last visit just not the WOW we were accustomed to but we too may have finally hit a bad day there, as well.

I'm wanting to try AP again but the Cedar Plank Salmon was way off the last two times we went, my daughter swears it was a different recipe, and I haven't seen enough comparative reviews to decide if it's back up to it's original standard.
pirate:

They made me tuck in the thong, darn it!;) But I got 'em...Underneath my clothes I was totally naked!!! ... And no one even noticed!:rotfl:

We ate there last Wednesday night (6:30). Sat in the big room, in a corner booth so it was very comfy. The bar was empty and the restaurant only about half full. I do think your experience must have been an off night based on my 3 for 3 experience in the past year.

RE: FF, I haven't been lately, but may try again soon. It wasn't that it was bad on our last visit just not the WOW we were accustomed to but we too may have finally hit a bad day there, as well.

I'm wanting to try AP again but the Cedar Plank Salmon was way off the last two times we went, my daughter swears it was a different recipe, and I haven't seen enough comparative reviews to decide if it's back up to it's original standard.
pirate:

Commando, eh? You go, Peter Pirate!

Well, if you are 3 for 3, then that is comforting. I just hate going to a restaurant that I have had a bad experience at for a second time. You know, the whole "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" thing.

My only complaint at FF was the steak was TOO charred. It was still medium rare inside (which surprised me from the looks of the steak on the plate.) Fortunately, my DH likes a slight burnt taste to his food. The apps (the mussels in that pesto cream sauce and the pear and gorgonzola salad) were excellent, as was the potato wrapped snapper. Our mojitos were also wonderful! We were impressed by the service, too.

I totally understand, though, going somewhere for awhile and being disappointed, while others that are new to the establishment think it is just great.

Thanks again for your review. There are a few other DIS regulars who should be trying it soon. I am hoping their experience at BZ is similar to yours!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter