Blue Screen on death kills all my planning HELP

RockinDisney

Mouseketeer
Hi
So my laptop has officially died, I have replaced it with a MacBook PRO:surfweb: So that is the good news, the bad news is I lost the best ever planning document. I had a great excel spreadsheet with Disney pics and everything that I had been sent ( I think) in my early days on the Dis. I have looked through messages here, my email and anywhere else I could think of but sadly I think I only had it on my hard drive. If any one has a planning tool (google doc, excel, what ever) I would sure appreciate not having to start from scratch. You can send me a link or a PM or what ever is easiest for you. Thank anyone and everyone in advance.

With a Mac you should have Numbers, which is a spreadsheet. Set up the categories that are important to you - mine are Date, Park hours, EasyWDW recommended park, Fast passes, ADRs/QS options, am plans, pm plans, other important information. That is what I do.

Oh no, that would make me cry! Dropbox is my friend for this type of thing.

A tracking spreadsheet itself is pretty basic to put together and doesn't take long. It's filling in the content where it's time consuming, so having somebody elses really isn't going to help all that much unless you can find someone travelling at the same time as you and already has the hours, crowds, etc... populated in a spreadsheet for you. Good luck! I guess the silver lining is, at least it's Disney info you get to recreate, so it's interesting stuff!

Sorry for your loss, but congrats on new MBP. I have MS Office on my iMac, which includes Excel. If that's what you're familiar with, maybe replacement Office Suite or Excel is best. My older iMac hard drive died a few weeks back. I replaced it, but didn't lose important files and pics b/c I have an external hard drive (USB) that runs Apple Time Machine backup. On my formatted new iMac hard drive, all I needed to do was run a "Restore" from Time Machine. The Apple Genius Bar folks will show you how to do it (free), or do it for you ($). Now my existing software, photos and files are all back as before the crash. Some software I had to type in original Product Key in order to re-use. My external HD is the La Cie Rugged Hard Drive (1 terabyte). I chose this b/c of high praise by users, shock-absorbing outer sleeve and inner rubber cushioning, security, and overall speed. For USB 3.0 or 2.0 (adapter). At the Apple Store or your store of choice. Good Luck!

LaCie 1TB Rugged Hard Drive Triple USB 3.0 (5400 RPM)

H9377_AV3.jpg

I lost everything so now I am backing up everything. I was looking for a pretty template to print as it is the first trip for my 4 and 6 year old nieces and I am making them a book :(

I used google calendars with my junkmail email address to set up a everything, and I kept notes on it too. You can also use spreadsheets on google docs that way it's never on your computer and always accessible.

OP I feel you loss :flower3:

Dropbox is my friend for this type of thing.

Snap :)

I have dropbox as my go to for all working documents. An external drive with time capsule from the MBP. Crashplan as a back up for laptop and external drive.

I don't know if I have what you lost, but I still a very old file that I believe came from these boards back in 2009. (I'm a disney hoarder, I keep everything LOL). It's simply called Disney Planner and it looks like you actually make a booklet with it. I never actually used it. I'd be happy to send it for you to look at or can share it from Google Drive if you use that. It's the only one with pictures I see, but I have a simple sheet Itinerary as well (basically for keeping up with confirmation numbers and hours and such). Let me know if you are interested.

I lost everything so now I am backing up everything.
3ce10.jpg

Just get a USB hard drive dock and plug your hard drive in to it. You will then be able to access all your old files.

I don't know if I have what you lost, but I still a very old file that I believe came from these boards back in 2009. (I'm a disney hoarder, I keep everything LOL). It's simply called Disney Planner and it looks like you actually make a booklet with it. I never actually used it. I'd be happy to send it for you to look at or can share it from Google Drive if you use that. It's the only one with pictures I see, but I have a simple sheet Itinerary as well (basically for keeping up with confirmation numbers and hours and such). Let me know if you are interested.
I would appreciate it. That sounds like what i was using :)

I am taking my old laptop in to see if they can get my info off it. Until I read everyone's suggestions, I didn't even know I could. So thank you everyone!!!!aand cross your fingers for me.

I would appreciate it. That sounds like what i was using :)

I am taking my old laptop in to see if they can get my info off it. Until I read everyone's suggestions, I didn't even know I could. So thank you everyone!!!!aand cross your fingers for me.

PM me an email address to send the file. It's in 4 parts but all very small files.

EDIT: Actually, scratch that. It's bigger than I thought. I uploaded it to my Google Drive. Here's the link. https://drive.google.com/folderview...E3MTQ1ckMwVFdXdmRob0JqZlFLMnZ1X2c&usp=sharing
That should let you save a copy to your new computer, if it looks like the thing you had. :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter