Blue Ray players -have you ALL really spent the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

shortbun

<font color=green>Peacenik<br><font color=purple><
I'm astounded at the cost of Blue Ray players. We HAD thought we'd make the leap this year but forget it! How have you rationallized spending the money? I saw ONE under $400 and the rest upwards of $600-$2000. wth?:scared1:

:confused3 we bought a PS3 and it plays BluRay beautifully.

And it's only $400 for the BIG one. Not on sale- you can find it cheaper if you shop around. (then go buy Little Big Planet and play play play)

Amazon has a surround sound system with a Blue Ray player for about $350. There are less expensive machines out there.

And it's only $400 for the BIG one. Not on sale- you can find it cheaper if you shop around. (then go buy Little Big Planet and play play play)

Great tip!!! We have PS2, Xbox360, Gamecube. Ds will think it's for him, lol! Can you play PS2 games on a PS3?

if you got to amazon you can get it for 269.00 I saw.

A couple people I know who wanted the Blu Ray got the ps3. I hear it's awesome as previous poster stated :)

We got one at sams for 198.00.Its great.
Kim

DFiance is chomping at the bit to get one. As of right now, they are just too expensive for us. Plus, then wouldn't we have to buy all new Blu-Ray compatable movies OR can we play our normal DVDs on the Blu-Ray?

DFiance is chomping at the bit to get one. As of right now, they are just too expensive for us. Plus, then wouldn't we have to buy all new Blu-Ray compatable movies OR can we play our normal DVDs on the Blu-Ray?

You can play regular DVDs on the Bluray player, you can't play Bluray DVDs on a regular player though.

My dh got his for his birthday last year. We love it and he thinks its worth every penny!

Yep, that's what we did too! We love our PS3. Little Big Planet is such an awesome game - SO FUN!!!!

I bought two Sony Blu Ray Players for $199 each on Black Friday at Best Buy. The very next day they were back to their original price of $299. I love it. The movies are just so darn expensive, but I'm an electronics junkie :goodvibes

We bought PS3 and haven't looked back. In fact, DH is playing it right now!

Did you know that Blockbuster has a Netflix-like service that rents BluRays? We have 2 movies a month with in-store exchange ($1.99 a movie) for $3.99 a month. It's PERFECT.

I bought a PS3 just to watch blu-ray movies. I don't know that I'll ever play a game on it, but I'm glad I got it. I'd especially recommend the blu-ray discs to Disney fans because the Disney & Pixar stuff is stellar in hi-def.:earsboy:

We considered the PS3 route but decided on a regular SONY Blu-Ray player. We watched Wall-E (big surprise!!!) and it was unbelievable!!!!

:thumbsup2 My Dh was able to rationalize the purchase of a PS3 because of the blue ray player. It works great

Just before Christmas, I bought a Blue Ray/DVD/CD burner for my computer for $99 from Best Buy... I run a long HDMI cable to my TV and it works fine. LG Brand I think now goes for $119. It doesn't burn Blue Rays but does play them and burn DVD's and CD's.

Of course you do have to have a computer that is capable of handling this player. You do need a rather expensive video card and a somewhat fast processor in order to run it. I built mine for gaming and decided to go with the Blue Ray player and have been very pleased.

i don't mean to get everyones hopes up... just those that like Blue Ray and to game on their computers. You'll have to check out the specs to see if your computer will work.

here it is

DH is a huge movie buff and I can't believe he hasn't bought a Blu-Ray yet. He says they're too expensive and that the cheaper ones don't get good reviews. So you folks that have bought the cheaper ones--no complaints?? Happy with the viewing experience?? I may need to twist his arm on this for his own good. :)

When our best buy opened here we got one for 250$, and it's a samsung not some random brand or a refurb. There is no way I'd pay $400 for one either :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter