Blue Man or one of the Cirque shows?

pamluvsdisney

<font color=blue>Did anyone else have a Baby Beans
20th anniversary trip in April. Budget, first time trip to LV, but want to do one good show and then some cheaper ones too.

What shows to see?

We can only afford either Blue Man or Cirque show, not both. Which one is better? We have never seen either type show.

If you think Cirque is better, which Cirque show?

Other show choices are appreciated too. :)

Thank you!
Pam

People seem to either love or hate Blue Man (I've always wanted to see them & BIL loved it; but DH saw sample at NASCAR & was unimpressed...kinda the same comments I see on reviews)
We are doing a Cirque show for the first time next month. But Cirque kinda creeps me out, so we are doing LOVE (Beatles themed). It gets great reviews. Not huge Beatles fan, but like their music.
Mystere is the "classic" CDS, and many say that should be your first CDS.
Zumanity doesn't get great reviews overall.
O is an underwater show, and gets the love/hate reviews.
KA--I used to hear more negative, but more positive these days, so not sure what to make of it. Latest comments say great set, good plot.
Viva Elvis got bad reviews to start but is being reworked....
They all have 25% off right now. Go directly to MGM/Mirage site, and there is a 25% off link.

Do you ever use tix4tonight?

Do they offer Cirque or Blueman at tix4 tonight? Or is that too iffy?
Would the 25% off for Cirque be better anyway?

I love to have lots of info before I make decisions. :)
Thank you so much for your replies on both posts.
Pam

not sure about Blue Man.
This week I saw 2 CDS shows at 40% off...
But it IS a crapshoot. 25% off for LOVE is $75; 40% off would be about $60.
If you don't care which CDS show you go to, it might be worth the wait. BUT Tx4Tonight is a bit of a pain. You get a voucher that you must take to the box office & the earlier you get there, the better seats you get. This is fine if it is at a nearby resort, but if you are staying at the opposite end of the strip kind of a pain to have to go there twice.

I have seen all of the Cirque shows except for the new Elvis one. Out of the Cirque shows, I would place them in this order for my preference:

1. Love (set to Beatles music)
2. Ka (has a moving stage and is the only Cirque show that has a story you can follow).
3. O (has water)
4. Mystere (the original)
5. Zumanity (adult themed)

Also, there is La Reve at the Wynn which is like a Cirque show; it has water, similar to O. I liked it too.

I have also seen many of the non-Cirque shows and the only one I truly hated was Phantom of the Opera.

I have seen all of the Cirque shows except for the new Elvis one. Out of the Cirque shows, I would place them in this order for my preference:

1. Love (set to Beatles music)
2. Ka (has a moving stage and is the only Cirque show that has a story you can follow).
3. O (has water)
4. Mystere (the original)
5. Zumanity (adult themed)

What was it that made you rank Zumanity last?

Maybe I've been married way too long and I was with other people than just my husband but it was a bit more adult than I was comfortable with. I prefer the whimsy rather than the seductive.

I've heard "something to offend everyone"
or "more burlesque than Cirque"
I'd say while a few have really liked it, many found it off-putting...I'm not sure they knew what to make of it. If a burlesque show sounds intriguing to you, you might enjoy it.

Do you ever use tix4tonight?

Do they offer Cirque or Blueman at tix4 tonight? Or is that too iffy?
Would the 25% off for Cirque be better anyway?

I love to have lots of info before I make decisions. :)
Thank you so much for your replies on both posts.
Pam

I have used Tix4tonight or maybe it was the other one. I know it was down by the Fashion Mall. It is great for last minute tix but do pay attention to how much of a discount you get, some are only a small percentage off.

I have seen Cirque and BMG tix there but you just never knowuntil you get there. I went to the Titanic exhibit using tix from there and it was a great deal.

I personally would get Cirque tix with the 25% off code so you know you'll get to see the show you want and get to choose your seats. I would use the half price tix for something else I want to see or maybe get lucky and find other Cirque tix there.

My list of Cirque favs would be;

Mystere
O
Love
Zumanity
KA
Believe
Haven't seen Elvis and probably won't

I have to add though I saw Zu quite a few years ago when Joey was still your Mistress. I'm not sure about the new ones but Joey rocked! It is a very sensual show and not for some people though.

My husband would rate them totally diffeent though;

O
Love
Mystere
La Reve( not really CDS but same director/creator)
Ka

Sorry i got distracted by myson and have now lost my train of thought. If I think of anything else I'll add more later.

If I can answer anything else I'd be happy to help. Have a great trip!

I know one is down toward MGM, one downtown, one right inside Bills plus the one by Fashion show mall...may be more.

I agree with this ranking of Zumanity.

Now, I love a good topless showgirl type Vegas show. My DW & I recently went to see the Crazy Horse Paris at MGM, which is all-topless all the time. We both loved it! Very sensual, very tastefully done.

We both hated Zumanity. Not because it was "too adult" (see above), but because it was simply crass. Ribald jokes are fine. Making inside tasteless jokes as a means of making fun of unsuspecting audience members is not fine (and no, we weren't the ones being made fun of - we just thought it tasteless).

As with all things, your mileage may vary. I've met people who loved Zumanity. But not I or DW.

OP here.

So am I hearing that Cirque is better than Blue Man?

Probably would do Mystere of the Cirque shows. My husband would like to stick to the original I guess.

I think Blue Man sounds good. Don't know what to do.

???
Pam

Mystere, overall seems to get very good reviews.
Blue Man is hot/cold--love it or hate it. I, too, think it looks fun. DH not interested.
Mystere is probably the better gamble (plus if DH hates it...then he can't say, "well, if we had just gone to what I wanted..." I know that can be food for fodder for years at my home...I don't need him giving me any more crap than he already does!:laughing::love:)

You need to go into Blue Man with a certain mindset. Where-as a Cirque show has the acrobatics and such to balance the art, Blue Man instead balances their art with an oddball sense of humor. It's a spectacularly well done show that I reccomend, but like people said, it's not for everyone.

I was over at Cities on the cheap, from a link through MSN, and found this for BMG but I guess it won't help you;
"In Las Vegas, you’ll pay $55+ per ticket, but it’s a savings of over 55%. Use promo code “TZBLUE02”. Valid for performances through March 31. Book by March 5."

Maybe it will help someone else though:goodvibes

BMG is a fun show.

But LOVE at The Mirage is just AMAZING and I'd recommend LOVE if you had to choose. It's not like anything you've ever seen before. I've seen it 5 times and every time I see it I catch something new and awesome that I didn't notice before.

Ok, I have decided on Cirque instead of BMG. A friend of mine just got back and saw BMG and Cirque KA and she like KA better.

Has anyone seen the Viva Elvis new Cirque show?

Leaning toward Mystere or KA, but if Elvis is good maybe that one instead.

Thank you all for the replies. I love the info and opinions.
Pam

Is La Reve ok for a 13 year old boy? We're getting 2 free tix with a Wynn hotel deal we got, wondering if we should buy 1 more. Looks like some of you have seen it.

Also I see some discounted tix for BlueMan and Penn & Teller on Goldstar.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter