Blue Main Entrance pass

sfgadv02

Earning My Ears
I have my blue main entrance pass and from what I understand, it is only valid for 2010. However, recently I went into The Hub and says that it will be valid in 2011, BUT any unused will be gone. Now that I'm seasonal, I won't start my shift until June. The thing is, I will be going to Hong Kong in January and is there anyway to get myself into Hong Kong Disneyland using the entrance pass and if not, is there a discount for the parks??? I still have my old CP id, but that'll probably not work (although some says it still does?) Thanks!

Under the new policy, your Main Entrance Pass will be automatically renewed for 2011. Even if you haven't worked a shift in the new year, you will still be able to use it.

Your Main Entrance Pass is indeed valid for admission to Hong Kong Disneyland Resort in the Hong Kong SAR. When you arrive at the resort, simply present your MEP and a form of photo ID (Passport, etc.) at the Guest Services window, located just outside the entrance to Hong Kong Disneyland Park.

Please note that, just as with the U.S.-based Theme Parks, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort does block out Main Entrance Passes during projected periods of peak attendance, such as the Lunar New Year and Halloween. These dates are posted on The Hub on a three-month rolling basis.

Under the new policy, your Main Entrance Pass will be automatically renewed for 2011. Even if you haven't worked a shift in the new year, you will still be able to use it.

Your Main Entrance Pass is indeed valid for admission to Hong Kong Disneyland Resort in the Hong Kong SAR. When you arrive at the resort, simply present your MEP and a form of photo ID (Passport, etc.) at the Guest Services window, located just outside the entrance to Hong Kong Disneyland Park.

Please note that, just as with the U.S.-based Theme Parks, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort does block out Main Entrance Passes during projected periods of peak attendance, such as the Lunar New Year and Halloween. These dates are posted on The Hub on a three-month rolling basis.

Thanks for the clear answer! I was confused because some people say you receive your new MEP after you have worked a paid shift, but with the new policy I guess I will get six-usage for 2011. Will it count towards my six-usage/per year, though? Some say it only applies towards my home-based location (WDW). So unlike in WDW, where I would just insert my MEP, I will have to go to the Guest Service and present my pass? :)

Thanks for the clear answer! I was confused because some people say you receive your new MEP after you have worked a paid shift, but with the new policy I guess I will get six-usage for 2011. Will it count towards my six-usage/per year, though? Some say it only applies towards my home-based location (WDW). So unlike in WDW, where I would just insert my MEP, I will have to go to the Guest Service and present my pass? :)

Officially, all usages count against your annual allocation.

Unofficially, there is a tradition within Walt Disney Parks and Resorts to ignore MEP usages redeemed by WDP&R Cast Members outside their statused resorts.

The only way to know for sure if it was counted would to be to inspect your allocation information on The Hub.

You must go to the Guest Services booth. U.S.-issued MEPs cannot be presented at the Main Entrance. This is standard procedure for all US Cast Members and Employees visiting Disney Parks abroad, as well as for all non US-based Cast Members and Employees who wish to redeem their Main Entrance Pass and/or En Scène Pass (DLP Cast) at the Disneyland Resort and/or Walt Disney World Resort.

Officially, all usages count against your annual allocation.

Unofficially, there is a tradition within Walt Disney Parks and Resorts to ignore MEP usages redeemed by WDP&R Cast Members outside their statused resorts.

The only way to know for sure if it was counted would to be to inspect your allocation information on The Hub.

You must go to the Guest Services booth. U.S.-issued MEPs cannot be presented at the Main Entrance. This is standard procedure for all US Cast Members and Employees visiting Disney Parks abroad, as well as for all non US-based Cast Members and Employees who wish to redeem their Main Entrance Pass and/or En Scène Pass (DLP Cast) at the Disneyland Resort and/or Walt Disney World Resort.

Thank you so much!! I assume we still get the 20% discount? or 50% during the holidays if we present our MEP? :)

Thank you so much!! I assume we still get the 20% discount? or 50% during the holidays if we present our MEP? :)

Cast Discounts at Hong Kong Disneyland Resort are determined by 香港國際主題公園有限公司/Hong Kong International Theme Parks, Ltd., a Chinese company jointly owned by The Walt Disney Company and the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, which legally owns and operates the resort. They may or may not be similar to discounts offered to Cast Members at the Walt Disney World Resort.

You would need to inquire with a Host or Hostess upon your arrival to determine what discounts you are eligible for.

I called guest relations at DL to confirm this, and after being put on hold for a few minutes, I was told that yes, that is the case. As long as you don't have an expiration date on your card, you can use it for admission even if you have not worked a shift yet this year. In theory at least.

I have two friends (active seasonal at WDW) who tried to use their main entrance passes at DL. Neither of them have worked yet this year. They were told they couldn't use them. One just today.

I myself am active seasonal at WDW and will be going to DL with my family next week! I don't have tickets, as I was planning on using my Main Entrance pass. The last day I worked was December 18th, 2010. I'm going to call DL again to see what they, but I'm not going to get my hopes up :(.

I called guest relations at DL to confirm this, and after being put on hold for a few minutes, I was told that yes, that is the case. As long as you don't have an expiration date on your card, you can use it for admission even if you have not worked a shift yet this year. In theory at least.

I have two friends (active seasonal at WDW) who tried to use their main entrance passes at DL. Neither of them have worked yet this year. They were told they couldn't use them. One just today.

I myself am active seasonal at WDW and will be going to DL with my family next week! I don't have tickets, as I was planning on using my Main Entrance pass. The last day I worked was December 18th, 2010. I'm going to call DL again to see what they, but I'm not going to get my hopes up :(.

I must apologize, the process has been clarified to me in the time since I first posted that.

Walt Disney World Resort Casual Temporary Cast Members must first work a shift this year before their 2011 Main Entrance Pass entries will be loaded.

Disneyland Resort Casual Temporary Cast Members will continue to be ineligible for Main Entrance Passes.

Thanks for the info. Although when I called, I specifically said I was seasonal at WDW and hadn't worked this year, and she still said it would be fine. I guess I'll have to figure something else out. That's disappointing. I wish I had known sooner.

REALLY? ugh, my friend didn't work until March and didn't use his pass on his family when they went in Feb because he thought there was the 14 day delay from the first day you worked. Is there anywhere on the hub I can point him to explain that?

Actually, apparently my friend tried to use his maingate in feb before he worked in march, and the machine wouldn't take it and two cast members told him it would activate 2 weeks after he worked first. So take that as you will.

Hi,

I hope this is an ok question to ask. Next week hubby starts new job at a Disney owned company. After two weeks of employment he will get a Silver Main Gate pass. So... my mom is a huge Johnny Depp fan and is again planning a trip to DL for the red carpet event (saturday may 7). Turns out kids will probably have no school that friday either (teacher furloughs).

Does anyone know the DL/DCA blackout dates for May 6/7/8? He probably won't get access into "the hub" until next week (he officially starts on monday) and my parents want us to stay w/them, and there is ONE room left and if we don't book ASAP we may need to change hotels. If we can't go to either park that day, we definitely won't go, but with the premiere now semi-officially announced places are filling up.

Any help very appreciated!

Hi,

I hope this is an ok question to ask. Next week hubby starts new job at a Disney owned company. After two weeks of employment he will get a Silver Main Gate pass. So... my mom is a huge Johnny Depp fan and is again planning a trip to DL for the red carpet event (saturday may 7). Turns out kids will probably have no school that friday either (teacher furloughs).

Does anyone know the DL/DCA blackout dates for May 6/7/8? He probably won't get access into "the hub" until next week (he officially starts on monday) and my parents want us to stay w/them, and there is ONE room left and if we don't book ASAP we may need to change hotels. If we can't go to either park that day, we definitely won't go, but with the premiere now semi-officially announced places are filling up.

Any help very appreciated!

Main Entrance Passes are blocked out on Saturday, 7 May 2011 at both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park. There are no other Block Out dates at the Disneyland Resort for the period you mentioned.

Sure hope someone can help with this question....my husband just started working at WDW. We were wondering how does it work with the Blue entrance pass when just the two of us want to go to the parks for the day. We know he is free, but how does it work with a spouse? Do the days that he takes me with him count against the 16 days? What happens if I go by myself and later in the day he meets me inside the park? We have looked on The Hub, but it doesn't spell it out clear enough for us to understand. :confused3Can someone please explain it in simple english? LOL Thanks

Sure hope someone can help with this question....my husband just started working at WDW. We were wondering how does it work with the Blue entrance pass when just the two of us want to go to the parks for the day. We know he is free, but how does it work with a spouse? Do the days that he takes me with him count against the 16 days? What happens if I go by myself and later in the day he meets me inside the park? We have looked on The Hub, but it doesn't spell it out clear enough for us to understand. :confused3Can someone please explain it in simple english? LOL Thanks

Any use of the Blue Main Entrance Pass counts against the allocated usages, even if it is just the Cast Member and Spouse/Domestic Partner using it or just the Spouse/Domestic Partner by themselves using it.

If your husband is a Full Time or Casual Regular (Part Time) Cast Member, you can use his Main Entrance Pass to admit yourself into the park first, and then he can join you later using his Company ID Card. This will still count against the allocated usages.

Thank you for your answer and time. That helps explain alot. We are looking forward to him working a Disney. I just might get an annual pass, because we do go so much and now with him working there and us living so close it would be practical for us. Thanks again for your help.:goodvibes

It's not true anymore in Disneyland Paris, we use now the ****** for all americans Passes or complimentary tickets, but I don't know how it works for you in your system and how the entry appears on the hub.

In fact, the question is : If you valid the Main Entrance Pass in a Magic Kingdom turnstile for just 1 person (the cast Member alone), the system count 1 entry (like with guests) or not ?

Because, it would be a problem with Blue or Green passes with a certains number of entries.

Is the current main gate still the blue card that says "BLUE MAIN ENTRANCE PASS" across the top, with a giant Disney logo centered on a blue picture of Walt himself walking through the castle? A friend and I are going to the park tomorrow, and he's not sure if this is the current one.

Is the current main gate still the blue card that says "BLUE MAIN ENTRANCE PASS" across the top, with a giant Disney logo centered on a blue picture of Walt himself walking through the castle? A friend and I are going to the park tomorrow, and he's not sure if this is the current one.

Yes. However, if you are a Casual Temporary Cast Member, you should note that you are required to first work a shift in 2011 before your pass will be activated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter