Blue Lagoon Question

SCCruiseMom

Earning My Ears
We have a dolphin encounter scheduled for 9:15am and would like to stay and enjoy the beach at Blue Lagoon for a while. How often does the ferry go back and forth? I'm not sure we want to stay until 5pm when the afternoon encounter people go back.

I could be wrong but I believe it left almost very hour if not sooner...( we were there in February).

Yes it comes and goes all day!! Beautiful fun place I visited first in 1992 and last in 2009!

Yes it comes and goes. The beach blow up things cost extra, so make sure to take extra money with you (we did not do this). Our dolphin encounter was the first one and we went immediately over to the beach. We had plenty of time to swim, but was ready to go back when the first boat came to pick us up. We wanted to go back to the ship and shower, so we could go into town to do a little shopping. On your way over to Blue Lagoon and back, they sell refreshments so have money for that as well if you want something to drink or eat. One thing I regret is not taking enough money to buy the video of us with the encounter. I did not want to take a lot of money with me, so I didn't have enough to purchase the video, but did purchase some pictures.

Blue Lagoon ferries return at 1pm, 2pm, 4pm. That is all. For all cruise guests. (resort island people can stay later or do concerts etc.) Those are your options. Two visits, we always stay til 4 and it still comes too soon! We always buy the video package (you can charge it too) after all, its a hefty excursion so you want something to remember it by. Not the time to be cheap. A few did the inflatable park, and were on it ALL AFTERNOON. I'm amazed they made it to dinner as long as they played on it. Talk about getting monie's worth!

It was a way better experience than I thought it would be when we arrived. The swimming area is not much bigger than a pool at a big resort but you soon realize that you are swimming in the equivalent of a resort pool but it is all natural with sand bottom and really is fantastic. We didn't stay long because we love the boat but it is a fantastic excursion. My daughter loved the hammocks. I only saw one person use the floatables water park. As others have said, there are regularly scheduled trips back in the afternoon!

I am excited. It sounded so much better than standing in long lines at Atlantis. I hope the weather holds for us. We leave next week!

We find Blue Lagoon to be a wonderful break from the incredible cruise ship. BL is very private, usually very quiet - a great place to just wind down a little bit. Don't get me wrong - the ship is awesome. But BL is a great place to "catch your breath". Enjoy!

We were just there for the July 3 Dream cruise doing the Dolphin Swim (awesome!). There are ferries throughout the day, including after 4pm, BUT for DCL, you must be on the 4pm ferry! They make this announcement several times. That is the last one that will get you back to the ship on time.

We find Blue Lagoon to be a wonderful break from the incredible cruise ship. BL is very private, usually very quiet - a great place to just wind down a little bit. Don't get me wrong - the ship is awesome. But BL is a great place to "catch your breath". Enjoy!

Its SO true. Its island paradise. The cruise is always go go and loud and fun and great, but this is where you can sit back and actually take a nap on a lounger or hammock, enjoy some great sea food and we swam in both the lagoon and the reef, and played ball with a dolphin. 4 pm comes too soon for me, and I LOVE my Disney ships, but BL is my Nassau destination.

It sounds wonderful. I have been going back and forth on whether to bring my "good" camera on the cruise since I will have my iPhone, but it sounds like Blue Lagoon might be worth it!

Just out of curiosity, how much are the professional pics they take and the video?

I think they list the packages on their website for dolphin encounters. I want to say, we got like 5 5x7 and 1 8x10 in their nice holders and the DVD. I don't think its $200. Maybe somewhere around 160 or something? They are pretty picky photographers. If they see you blink, you get to retake. That means more sea lion kisses for us! But its always worth it. You can still video if someone wants from the observation deck, we liked both. The pro photos were great posed shots and the observation decks were very candid and in the moment. I always donate in the gift shop for the baby sea lion rescue too.

A little tip on the Blue Lagoon… There is a little berm right behind the restaurant. If you go up and over it you will find a beautiful beach, staffed with a lifeguard. We were just about the only ones using it when we were there last summer - and for most of the time we were! We had planned on taking the 2:00 boat back but we were having so much fun that we ended up staying 'till 4:00. We couldn't believe our luck, it was like having our own private beach!

We have a Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter trip booked at 9:15 but on the ship itinerary it has guest ashore at 9:30. It is our first cruise so, can anyone tell me how that works?

Thanks,

Renee

Blue Lagoon ferries return at 1pm, 2pm, 4pm. That is all. For all cruise guests. (resort island people can stay later or do concerts etc.) Those are your options. Two visits, we always stay til 4 and it still comes too soon! We always buy the video package (you can charge it too) after all, its a hefty excursion so you want something to remember it by. Not the time to be cheap. A few did the inflatable park, and were on it ALL AFTERNOON. I'm amazed they made it to dinner as long as they played on it. Talk about getting monie's worth!

It does NOT "come and go". It only comes as 1pm, 2pm and 4pm as stated above.

We have a Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter trip booked at 9:15 but on the ship itinerary it has guest ashore at 9:30. It is our first cruise so, can anyone tell me how that works?

Thanks,

Renee

The time your trip is booked is NOT the time your encounter begins. It is the time that you will meet the rest of your group ONBOARD the ship. At that point, a DCL cast member will check you in, let you pick up towels to take with you, and walk with you AS A GROUP off the ship. They will then "hand you over" to the Blue Lagoon tour guide who will walk you to the ferry. Your actual encounter doesn't begin until you are on the island, have had a chance to change and listened to the introductory lesson and safety spiel.

The time your trip is booked is NOT the time your encounter begins. It is the time that you will meet the rest of your group ONBOARD the ship. At that point, a DCL cast member will check you in, let you pick up towels to take with you, and walk with you AS A GROUP off the ship. They will then "hand you over" to the Blue Lagoon tour guide who will walk you to the ferry. Your actual encounter doesn't begin until you are on the island, have had a chance to change and listened to the introductory lesson and safety spiel.

Thanks so much!! That helps a lot.

Renee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter