Blue Lagoon Island Dolphin Encounter - Would you do this with 4 and 6 year old?

momto2girlsLA

Earning My Ears
We would love to do a dolphin encounter with our girls, 4 and 6, and were wondering if anyone has done this one before, Blue Lagoon Island Dolphin Encounter? Is it worth the money? We set sail in 100 days!!!:beach:

We just did this excursion 2 days ago. My daughter 5 1/2 thought it was the most amazing thing as we did as well. It was so worth every penny.

We just did this excursion 2 days ago. My daughter 5 1/2 thought it was the most amazing thing as we did as well. It was so worth every penny.
Was the water warm/cold? My older DD is super thin and gets really, really cold. I know they have wet suits but I'm wondering if she will be OK in the water for the whole time. I would hate to have her miss part of it because she is cold.

I plan on doing a dolphin encounter with a 3 and 5 y/o! DH thinks they'll be scared, but I think they'll love it, especially the 5 y/o :)

I did it with our 5 year old and he loved it. He was nervous about standing on the platform, so I had to hold him. If you're taking 2 kids, I would recommended 2 adults just in case this happens to you. The water was a little cold (we were there the first week in May). They had everyone sit around the pool with your legs dangling at first (so you can kind of get used to it), then they took people into the water in 2 different sets. So while we did our encounter, one group sat out and watched. Since we were first, we were done earlier than the other set. It was a lot of fun, I'm sure your girls will love it!

Totally worth the money! Did it in May. My 9 year old was timid and a bit clingy to her dad. My 7 year old loved every minute! I think it just depends on the child! The staff is very good with the kids.

My 5 year old loved it! Like a previous poster said, it would be a good idea for 2 adults to be present - one to help each child. My 5 year old (at the time) was too short to really be comfortable on the platform in the water, so I gave him a little boost when it was his turn to interact with the dolphin. He had a great time and I totally recommend this excursion! Have fun! :wave2:

We would love to do a dolphin encounter with our girls, 4 and 6, and were wondering if anyone has done this one before, Blue Lagoon Island Dolphin Encounter? Is it worth the money? We set sail in 100 days!!!:beach:

We just did this last month and both my kids (5 and 3) LOVED it! They were initially scared but we got a great picture of 'Andy' kissing DD3 with all of us looking at her that is priceless. The smiles on all our faces while she is getting kissed is great. We had a fellow passenger take pictures for us.

I wasn't thrilled about the 'pen' that you are in when you meet the dolphin but we did get quite a bit of time to pet, kiss, intereact etc with the animal. The one at Atlantis looks like you are in an open lagoon area but who knows if that is what it really is like but that was sold out and more expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter