• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim or Atlantis

waytovietnam

Earning My Ears
I am trying to decide which would be the best option for my family when we are in Nassau. The Blue Lagoon Dolphin swim sounds really nice for my 7 year old and husband. For those of you who have participated in either would you please give me your pros and cons. Thanks a bunch.

Having NOT done the Atlantis one, the only con I can think of is the price. Blue Lagoon is much more affordable.

We've done them...both through DCL.

We thorougly enjoyed both experiences but comparing the two, Aquaventure is a much better value (even at the high DCL cost, but especially if you do the Comfort Suites route). Dolphins are over pretty quick..only 1/2 hour experience in the water with them. The price difference between the two excursions was under $160 iirc for our family of four.

You can read a detailed review of both at these links:

Blue Lagoon Island Dolphin Encounter

Atlantis Aquaventure (scroll down just a bit, Aquaventure review starts in post #50)

Hope that helps you a bit. Both excursions are pretty expensive so I say just go for which one you think your family would enjoy most! :goodvibes

Just a different view piont my mom and I booked the Dolphin Cay encounter without the Aquaventure, we had to go through Atlantis instead of DCL and it was actually less expensive I think but from what I have seen of blue lagoon we got less interaction, we are actually going again in June 2010 and I think my cousin and I are going to do the blue lagoon one this time because from what I have seen it looks really fun lol

Oh just one more thing, I noticed you mentioned the "swim" at Blue Lagoon as opposed to the "encounter". DCL (afaik) only offers the encounter through them. We thought about doing the full "swim" but you have to go directly through Blue Lagoon and we did call them but they told us they were booked for our day. So if you are looking to do the full swim experience, be sure to call Blue Lagoon very early. We noticed when we were there they only had one swim going on, so the capacity must be very limited for the swims. HTH! :thumbsup2

Nener1 - I see the dolphin swim listed on the DCL website for shore excursions at Nassau. Is this something new, or is it misleading, or is just so small that it's not available to many people? I guess I can see where if there are only a few spots available that the concierge guests could book them all.

Thanks for the info!

Oh just one more thing, I noticed you mentioned the "swim" at Blue Lagoon as opposed to the "encounter". DCL (afaik) only offers the encounter through them. We thought about doing the full "swim" but you have to go directly through Blue Lagoon and we did call them but they told us they were booked for our day. So if you are looking to do the full swim experience, be sure to call Blue Lagoon very early. We noticed when we were there they only had one swim going on, so the capacity must be very limited for the swims. HTH! :thumbsup2

You CAN book the swim through DCL. I did! We did this excursion last month on our cruise. They actually just added the Dolphin Swim to their excursions. I had early on booked the encounter, then just happened to be checking on everything about a week before we left. I noticed where they added the swim. So I called & had our excursion changed to the swim. You can see more details & pics on my TR.

Nener1 - I see the dolphin swim listed on the DCL website for shore excursions at Nassau.

Thanks for the info!

You CAN book the swim through DCL. I did! We did this excursion last month on our cruise.

I stand corrected! :)

Thanks ! :thumbsup2

(My cruise with the Dolphin excursion *was* two years ago.....lol...it sure does feel like yesterday to me! :rolleyes1)

We booked our own Atlantis dolphin swim on the internet (DCL was sold out!) It was cheaper & we just had to catch a taxi to & from Atlantis (but that was not a problem.... they swam like bees!) We enjoyed Atlantis so much we just stayed there until it was time to get back to the ship! (hung out by the pool & had lunch)....:thumbsup2

How was the Atlantis dolphin swim? Do you recommend it?

Thansk!

We booked our own Atlantis dolphin swim on the internet (DCL was sold out!) It was cheaper & we just had to catch a taxi to & from Atlantis (but that was not a problem.... they swam like bees!) We enjoyed Atlantis so much we just stayed there until it was time to get back to the ship! (hung out by the pool & had lunch)....:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter