Blue Lagoon dolphin swim in Nassau

V a n e s s a

Mouseketeer
I would be very interested in hearing about the dolphin swim excursion; as I am hesitating between booking one in Discovery Cove and the Blue Lagoon dolphin swim in Nassau during our upcoming holiday (we are doing both a cruise and Orlando);

Have any if you done both and could provide insight on how they compared?

I would also love to hear from anyone who just did the Nassau one?

Thank you in advance!

I haven't done either but have opted for Blue Lagoon as when I watched YouTube videos, this one looks more interactive IMO. and also my DS will be 5 so too young to discovery cove swim. I also think Blue Lagoon looks outstanding and has amazing trip advisor reviews.

X

My family did the blue lagoon in February and it was a highlight for us for sure.
There was no one else booked for the dolphin swim - only for sea lion and touching the dolphins so we got 2 dolphins all to ourselves.
Each person is given individual time to touch, kiss, shake fins etc with the dolphin, plus group time to play with them swimming by. At the end you all get to get foot pushed across the entire lagoon by a dolphin on each foot - absolutely amazing. My kids -9 & 7 had a riot.
The staff was really friendly and they let us use my own water camera which was wonderful too.
The island has beaches you can play on for free after if you want to hang out plus a deprecate beach that is full of inflatables that you have to pay to go into - we didn't do this.
It was about 40 minute boat ride to get there and you pick when you want to head back to nassau.
I did the dolphin swim at sea world before discovery cove and it didn't compare.
We are coming back to florida in 2 weeks for my daughter to dance at disney and plan on checking out discovery cove then.

Thanks for the details Prairiewind, the Blue Lagoon does sound very nice and something our kids would love and I think we will go for it!

Good idea to check YouTube videos of both Orlandochick; I hadn't thought of doing that

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter