blue lagoon dolphin excursion?

kitchenfairy

Mouseketeer
hi everyone, me again. I have a question if somone can help about the blue lagoon dolphin encounter vs. the swim. Just wondering how much of a difference is there between the two and is it worth the money?would my DD(10( and I be happy with the encounter ? Also I know I would have to book the swim on my own and I'm not familiar with nassau at all. How easy is it to get back and forth to this place on my own with 2 kids and 5 other adults. How far is it from where the ship docks? and would it be very expensive for transportation? Thank You for your help

Let me tell you what my dd-10 and I are doing. We are getting off the ship and taking the fairy to Blue Lagoon Beach day at 9:15 and at 4pm I have booked the dolphin excursion but not through DCL. We decided on the encounter because the swim was a little too pricey for us. The fairy will take us back after the encounter and my TA said we would probably get back by about 6-6:30. We will be on the 3 day Wonder Feb.26-29. Hope this helps some.

We did the excursion through DCL, so I can't help out with the transportation questions, but I can tell you that there is a big difference b/w the excursion and the swim.

DS7 did the excursion this past May. With the excursion, you are in a pool with the dolphin. Direct encounter time is limited to having the dolphin kiss you - and performing some quick tricks with the dolphin. You, along with everyone else in your group take turns. There is less direct encounter time, but you're still extremely close to the action.

For the swim - that's exactly what you do with them - swim. You're in an open lagoon and there's much more direct encounter time. Watching everyone do the dolphin push was just too cool.

Where I to do it, I'd have done the swim - DS is another egg and the encounter was just fine for him. Whichever one you chose - it's really a neat experience.

We did the Dolphin Swim this past December. We booked it on our own. There are taxi drivers waiting at the end of the dock at Nassau. I think the rate was $4 per person one way. You just tell them you're doing the Dolphin Swim. They will try to fill up the cab with people so you may ride with others. They take you to the Paradise Island Ferry terminal. It's a couple of miles from the ship. The Dolphin Swim people have a few boats there. There's also some scuba boats and interestingly, a couple of Viking ships there. We took a double-decked catamaran to Blue Lagoon. We had a 2pm swim time. I would go for an earlier time. Then, spend some time on the island. We hurried off to catch the boat back to be in time for the early dinner seating. The swim is great! We bought the videotape ($45) and you can see the Dolphin jump over us and push us around the lagoon! The folks back home are truly amazed at that part of our cruise.

what is the price difference. we are cruising for our honeymoon. it is always something i have wanted to do, but we are on a budget...

anyone done the dolphin encounter at discovery cove at seaworld? what is the difference?

Hotveggy,

A friend of mine took her family to Discovery Cove last year. She is still talking about it! She had a party of six so it was just them with the dolphin. (They usually have 6-8 people per party) They provide wet suits and a hot lunch. There are also different places to snorkle and a bird atrium. She said it was not very crowded and it was very relaxing. She would do it again in a heart beat!
After checking the prices, I convinced DH that it would be better. We live 5 hours from Orlando and have family in Tampa to stay with. We are planning on going next May.
Check out their web site www.discoverycove.com (I think that's it)

Originally posted by hotveggy
what is the price difference. we are cruising for our honeymoon. it is always something i have wanted to do, but we are on a budget...

anyone done the dolphin encounter at discovery cove at seaworld? what is the difference?

hotveggie...check out this website www.dolphinswim.com You'll be amazed at how much info is on here...it'll explain everything that is available to you including prices. Enjoy!:)

Kathy:wave2:

Thanks for the replies:D

ChattyKathy,
I tried the link, but it just brings me to a search page with many internet links. Am i doing something wrong? or is this right? which page do i want?:confused:

http://www.dolphinswims.com/

We also did the dolphin swim at blue lagoon. It was an easy and quick taxi ride to paradise island,
On the trip back they make a quick stop at paradise island to drop people off and then will take you back to the ship.
This year we have booked a day at discovery cove.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter