Blue Lagoon Beach Day

ike

Earning My Ears
Anyone go on the Blue Lagoon Beach Day?
We booked a Dolphin Swim & can't decide whether to go back to the ship or spend the day at Blue Lagoon. We would have to pay
for the excursion in addition to paying for our swim. Not sure if it's worth the extra money. Also, what is Stingray City & where is it?

Go back to the boat and relax. Wait till ya get on the boat to have lunch. The beach really isnt that great and the food was yukkie.

I agree with moonchild, and to make matters worse, I didn't think the water was all that clean at Bloon Lagoon. I got an AWFUL eye infection!!!

GO BACK TO THE BOAT! YOU WILL GET BORED WAITING FOR ANOTHER TWO HOURS OR MORE. NOT TO MENTION THE ALMOST 1 HOUR FERRY RIDE BACK. TAKE THE HIGH SPEED BOAT OVER, DO THE SWIM AND GO BACK TO THE BOAT.

And you know what kids and I found out we did the Carnival Pride (yuk) in November from Port Canavaral and their private island is the blue lagoon they do not charge to go from Nassau dock to Blue Lagoon and they land around the corner from where disney does but disney charges for this island. Thought it was kinda strange.

you mentioned the high speed boat option to get to the dolphion swim...where do i find out about this option?

We are first timers so this advice is appreciated

Andy

We felt the pics. misrepresented this area. The "beach" was just a small strip of dirty, rocky sand that was very, very small. Hardly any chairs - I counted 12 total. Most hammocks were back in wooded area with little sun and no view of the beach. There was a big drop off in the water - would be nervous about allowing children in water alone or where I couldn't see them. the free lunch wasn't too good- thin mickey d size hamburger. If you wanted cheeseburger someone threw a pc. of cheese on it before handing it to you. Mickey-D type of french fries. DD (adult) ordered drink at the bar and the glass was dirty. Only "game" we saw was Blue Lagoon staff making cash bets with tourists on shooting basketball from various distances (staff not very friendly except when this activity was going on). The worst was the music. Not a nice carribean steel drum type which has a melody to it- pounding frantic drum beat -over and over. Never changed beat, never stopped. The families sitting next to us were joking about taking up a collection to get music turned off. It actually made me feel physically ill! Needless to say when the first boat back to Nassau pulled up, 90% of the people from the Disney ship were lined up to leave before it even docked.
We didn't do dolphin swim - wish we had as I felt we really wasted a day with this excursion. Maybe dolphin swim would have been fun.

I guess I'm one of the few that really enjoyed Blue Lagoon Beach day. The water was clear and far less choppy that we experienced at Castaway Cay. It really is more like a lagoon. A huge area of the lagoon was quite shallow also.
We snorkled--came across many fish and even came within 6 inches of a lone barracuda. The kids loved it. It was a very laid-back, relaxing day for us. We got the bbq chicken for the lunch choice and thought it was pretty good. We loved laying on the hammocks under the palm trees. I even fell asleep for about 30 minutes. The beach seemed very uncrowded---unlike CC day. Part of the beach was off-limits to swimming. That side was beatiful. I just laid on my hammock and stared out at the sea.....
I must say, I do find it strange that Disney charges this much for it when Carnival does not ? We chose this excursion not only because it was one of the less expensive ones, but because I had read some very nice reviews here on the boards.

I guess I'm one of the few that really enjoyed Blue Lagoon Beach day. The water was clear and far less choppy that we experienced at Castaway Cay. It really is more like a lagoon. A huge area of the lagoon was quite shallow also.
We snorkled--came across many fish and even came within 6 inches of a lone barracuda. The kids loved it. It was a very laid-back, relaxing day for us. We got the bbq chicken for the lunch choice and thought it was pretty good. We loved laying on the hammocks under the palm trees. I even fell asleep for about 30 minutes. The beach seemed very uncrowded---unlike CC day. Part of the beach was off-limits to swimming. That side was beatiful. I just laid on my hammock and stared out at the sea.....

The "beach" was just a small strip of dirty, rocky sand that was very, very small. Hardly any chairs - I counted 12 total.
I didn't think it was dirty at all ? Staff seemed to be on top of things and we even saw a couple walking around picking up stray pieces of trash and throwing it in the trash cans. Maybe it just depends on the day/season ? We were there this past Nov 4. There were also several picnic benches. We didn't see anyone without hammocks/chairs/tables. In fact, we were able to secure a table and 3 hammocks without leaving anyone out in the cold. Maybe we were just there on a good day ? Also, though it was much smaller than CC, it wrapped all the way around and noone felt crowded. It really felt quite private to us. I think the beach at Disney's Vero Beach resort felt smaller ? This is just my opinion though......

I must say, I do find it strange that Disney charges this much for it when Carnival does not ? We chose this excursion not only because it was one of the less expensive ones, but because I had read some very nice reviews here on the boards.

You have to book it directly not through the excursion. The boat doesn't have the horrible music option either.

We also were disappointed with the beach area. We were there in Dec. 01. We went to Atlantis in June this year and they couldn't pay us to go back to Blue Lagoon.

IMHO, go to Discovery Cove, its clean,fun and no horrible music.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter