Blue Lagoon and encounter? Latest info?

jeast

DIS Veteran
The planning guide I received from disney lists the blue lagoon beach day and the dolphin encounter as 5.5-7 hours. Is the beach part open?

If you do the encounter, do you get the rest of the day to chill on the beach? The Passporter says lunch is included. Is it still so? I've heard so many conflicting reports.

We went on May 26th and the beach was not open. We booked ourself (not through Disney) so I don't know about the lunch.

Phooey. I'm actually more interested in spending the day at the beach than doing the dolphin encounter. Kids are too young to enjoy the dolphins yet.

Oh well, thanks for the information!

GracieA7 said:
We went on May 26th and the beach was not open. We booked ourself (not through Disney) so I don't know about the lunch.
Hi
i have also booked myson and son for the dolphin swin in Aug. How did you find getting across to paradise island( to get the boat to Blue lagoon. We have a am swim.
Any info would be great
Thanks
ruth :sunny:

I have the Dolphin Swim booked as well. We are scheduled to check-in at 10 am at the ferry terminal.(but I'm not sure how we get there either :confused3 ) I also have Palo reservations at 6:30pm. How long have others found that the whole swim experience takes? I'm wondering if we will have trouble making it back to the ship on time and if I need to change the Palo reservation.

Laurie

Ruth, I just realized you will be going two weeks before me. You'll have to let me know how your swim goes when you get back :)

Laurie

Hi
we are schduled at 10am too. I will let you know how it is!. The dolphin encounter is now availble as a DCL trip but not the swim. Hoping to use water taxi or cab( that the passposter guide says is about $8 for 2) Best wishes, ruth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter