Blue Horizons - just curious

dvc_john

DVC since 1993
Does anyone know what the reason is for the downgrading of the show Blue Horizons? (I did do a search, but couldn't find anything.)

For about a year they have had a sign up saying something to the effect that "this performance will be a modified performance due to routine maintenance". Well, a year is anything but 'routine maintenance'.

Basically, most of the aerial acts have been eliminated. One explanation is problems with the rigging. But the 'bungee' guys still do their aerial act. And in a year you would think they could repair any rigging problems.
Another explanation is cutbacks. But most of the performers that did aerial acts, still perform, just on the ground. They did cut back the number of divers from 6 to 4, but all those 4 divers do is hold some flags in the finale, and 2 of them operate the trapeze bars for the bungee guys.

I guess I'm just wondering if the show will ever be back to normal.

(this is strictly my leap of logic - I have heard nothing official or unofficial)

I suspect they are merely holding the show together until they can redo the entire show, at which time they may or may not have the aerial acts.

Why do I think that?

Clyde and Seamore just went to a new show a year or so ago. Shamu went to a new show 4 or 5 years ago. Blue Horizon has been the same show as far back as I can remember. I want to say it started in 2005 but I am not certain.

With the exception of the Pets Ahoy show, which arguably is a more minor show, that means the other main shows have all been redone in the past 5 years, with the exception of Blue Horizon, which is now over 10 years old.

If they are looking at a complete overhaul of the show it would make sense to see if the new show even needed those same elements before replacing anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter