Blue Heron vs bonnet Creek vs Windsor Hills ?

Jenleephoto

Mouseketeer
Looking for a resort type that has a kitchen - between these two which would you choose ? I like theooks of bonnet creek better online but Windsor hills has much cheaper rates.

Any thoughts on these ? Or any others-- Blue Heron may be an option too.

Looking for a nice family resort style condo /suite - but only want to pay $99-$150 a night .

Last edited:
are you going to WDW - then Bonnet Creek is definitely closer. think bc is the only one that has a bus (you have to pay) - but at least you don't always have to drive everywhere

I'm debating between Bonnet Creek and Windsor Hills for our June 2016 trip too. Can anyone who has stayed at either or both of them give me a time estimate (with traffic) of how long it takes to get to the parks from each resort? I know that Bonnet Creek is closer, but how much closer? There will be either 5 or 7 of us going so staying on-site doesn't look like it will be a doable option, but I don't know if everyone will want to drive really far to the parks either. We will more than likely have a car so buses probably won't be a factor.

Bonnet Creek is right nextdoor to Caribbean Beach Resort, so it is on Disney property (just not Disney owned). WH is in Kissimmee and is about 2-3 traffic lights off Disney property. Bonnet Creek is definitely closer and easier to get to and from.

Ok Thx . I'm not overall that concerned with how long it takes asong as its 10 minites -ish. I just want to know which resort is nicer, quality, better overall ?

Ok Thx . I'm not overall that concerned with how long it takes asong as its 10 minites -ish. I just want to know which resort is nicer, quality, better overall ?

Bonnet Creek, hands down, is the nicer resort. We stay at WH when we cannot stay at WBC. WBC is always our first choice.

Anyone know what they charge at bonnet creek for the shuttle to Disney ? I heard $6 per person? Seems high to me is this correct??

Bonnet creek is a resort with lots of activities. Windsor hills is a gated community.

We have stayed at both and enjoy each one. I would say Bonnet Creek is more or a "hotel/resort" feel and WH is a community. We really love WH because is so quiet. There are activities, but when you are there it feels more "homey". Hope that makes sense. I agree, if I am using a car to get to parks, I really don't care if it's BC or WH. At WH, using Sherbeth Rd entrance you are there in minutes.

What are the amenities like at BC? Specifically pools. Are there slides? I find the website not user friendly.

WBC has numerous pools - all very close together. It is very easy to pool hop. Some pools have lazy rivers, some have slides, some have zero entry, you chose which pool you want to use. Some pools have lots of sunshine while other pools offer more shade.
WBC is built in a circle with a lake in the middle. The next ring is all the pools, playgrounds, walking paths surrounding the lake. Then you have the 6 high rise condo buildings and the Wyndham Grand hotel. ( you can also use the hotel pool.)
The outer rim of the circle are the parking lots for the condos. There are 2 parking garages plus ground parking by all the buildings. Like any resort, the later you return to your condo the farther away you will find empty parking spaces.

We stayed at Windsor Hills for three weeks in May and it was perfect. It's my fourth trip there as we fell in love with it the first time. There is a shuttle that will take you to and from the parks for a fee or if you drive then that's great too. The resort is close to Disney, less that 10 minutes by car. It's also close to the 192 so has lots of places to eat and buy groceries etc.

We always stay in this house: https://m.facebook.com/OrlandoLakefrontVilla - the house has everything we want plus the hot tub and private pool as an added bonus! The kids like going to the complex pool too, which is a fun alternative!

Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter