Blue Flag Route?

tidefan

DIS Veteran
While I know information shared on sites that shall not be named should be taken with a grain of salt, I saw posts from multiple people today that swear they are hearing the Blue Flag route (Contemporary - FW - WL) is going to start back up. Has anyone else seen or heard this? Hoping these people did not get this from Bus Drivers...

I refuse to believe it until I actually see it...

I think until you have heard it from the actual skipper on a Blue Flag boat, it is just a rumor.

The smaller resort launches have been used at slower times to shuttle between the Fort or WL to MK. This has confused some people (including me) when they were seen on the water and people jumped to assume the inter resort boats were back.

j

Oh, that would be so nice!! <starts singing "A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes">

When we were there in September, they were running at random times the resort launches from the Fort to the MK. No stops at WL or the Contemporary en route to MK. On return trips to the Fort from the MK on the resort launches, they were stopping at the WL but no stops at the Contemporary.

Steve

When we were there in September, they were running at random times the resort launches from the Fort to the MK. No stops at WL or the Contemporary en route to MK. On return trips to the Fort from the MK on the resort launches, they were stopping at the WL but no stops at the Contemporary.

Steve

I think they were running the smaller boats (resort launches) between the Fort and MK because they only have one Cast Member (the boat driver who does the rope work to/from the dock and handles the crowd ropes as well. The big boats in the morning and evenings have two Cast Members (captain and deck hand) so they are saving the direct expense of one employee when the smaller boat runs. And doubling up by stopping at WL at times with the smaller boat to save even more expense.

Disney is pinching expense pennies while jacking prices (revenue) towards us.

No company can cut their way to growth. It always catches up to them in the end if left to run to its conclusion with no additional changes.

Ed

PS - I am ever hopeful, though, that some bean counter will see the light and re-instate the resort boats alongside the full-time big boats to MK.

Okay, I was told they are trying to bring it back and slowly work it into the schedule. Right now it is only in the evening/night.

Now if they would just pave the Exercise Trail between the Fort and WL.

giphy.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter