• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Blue Bayuo Split fee question

Yes, this was confirmed by the waiter. He gave us the option of the split plate fee where they bring you what you order on two plates, and you each get the side salad/soup or order the dish we wanted to split and they would bring out another plate for us to split it ourselves without the extra side salad/soup for no charge.

I think they do give you a little more food when you pay the split plate fee though, right? I guess except in the case of the Monte Cristo, since all pieces are the same. But perhaps they give a larger portion with the sides?

Everything that I have heard is when you split a plate the portions are larger than exactly half of the meal itself.

I think they do give you a little more food when you pay the split plate fee though, right? I guess except in the case of the Monte Cristo, since all pieces are the same. But perhaps they give a larger portion with the sides?

Everything that I have heard is when you split a plate the portions are larger than exactly half of the meal itself.

They should, because both plates will include the main meal and whatever side veggies and whatnot are included. We got the surf & turf. One plate had the lobster and veggies, the second plate had the meat and veggies, and we each got our salad.

I would have to say the portions were large, my kids didn't even finish it all. The experience wasn't horrible but not as great as I remembered. Sorry to say alot of the food service has gone down hill in recent years while the cost has gone up.

Is there a split plate fee for sharing a cookie boat? And, is it still okay to go for dessert only?
I believe there is no split fee for dessert but I don't think they'll bring out two plates of cookie boat. Probably just one with small dishes. All though someone can confirm.

I wouldn't call it so much a 'split fee' as more of a 'not quite the full portion, but still more than half, and you get your own soup/salad' fee.

Yes, this was confirmed by the waiter. He gave us the option of the split plate fee where they bring you what you order on two plates, and you each get the side salad/soup or order the dish we wanted to split and they would bring out another plate for us to split it ourselves without the extra side salad/soup for no charge.

If they allow you to split one whole meal without charging a spilt plate fee then that's not too bad. Do you have to just ask for an extra plate? When I last went to BB no one gave us the option of not paying the split plate fee, so I didn't know we had a choice. Even splitting it, we were too full to order dessert -- and I didn't even eat my gumbo! The extra plate thing would be a better option for somone like me...

I wouldn't call it so much a 'split fee' as more of a 'not quite the full portion, but still more than half, and you get your own soup/salad' fee.

:thumbsup2 Exactly!!

So is this $12 just for "peak season" or all the time?

You're paying for the priviledge of eating inside the POTC ride, and not really for high quality/good value food. That they charge $5 or $12 for a split plate fee shouldn't really surprise anyone IMO. Afterall, this is Disney where they charge $4 for a $0.99 bottle of water.

If really want good food/value, take a step out to DTD and eat at Jazz Kitchen or somewhere else.

We'll eat lunch/dinner elsewhere, but still go to BB for ONLY coffee and dessert. That way we can enjoy the ambiance, we had better food for less money, and things like the split plate charge don't factor in.

i am back

PLATES ARE FREE at Blue Bayou

Split Plate
Person A gets an entree and Person B gets the $12 split plate. Each person would get an order of taters, an order of veggies, half an order of entree, and choice of soup or salad.

I love this latest research mission, lol.

Birthday Guests get a free birthday mousse with dinner.
They can puree food if need be.

=====================

I think that was the most expensive meal I ever paid for and did not get my value. I had the chicken, broccolini and white aparagus, PLAIN UNSALTED HERBLESS SAUCELESS rice noodles, salad with vinegar and oil, a scoop of ice cream with sauce. I AM SO MAD AT THAT PLACE.

The service was excellent and the chef tried. For $15 or less I could have had baked chicken, veggies and TATERS at the Plaza Inn.. Thank God for ketchup. I have sensory issues so ketchup helps things go down. I mixed the Ketchup in with the noodles to give it flavour. I was told no dessert and I asked about ice cream and chocolate syrup. I had to come up with the dessert.

You would think they would have something besides plain noodles. Sensory issues aside I would not have eaten them as there was no herbs, butter sauce, marinera sauce. I was hungry and knew I had to force myself to eat something besides just protein as I did not want to have issues with my sugars later. I only said gluten and soy even though I am no chocolate:lmao:, dairy:lmao:, eggs, grapefruit besides the soy and gluten.

The food was great and the staff was excellent. They had the tea filled up and were very helpful. I love the staff and the food especially with ketchup but for the price it was not worth the money I spent.

You're paying for the priviledge of eating inside the POTC ride, and not really for high quality/good value food. That they charge $5 or $12 for a split plate fee shouldn't really surprise anyone IMO. Afterall, this is Disney where they charge $4 for a $0.99 bottle of water.

If really want good food/value, take a step out to DTD and eat at Jazz Kitchen or somewhere else.

We'll eat lunch/dinner elsewhere, but still go to BB for ONLY coffee and dessert. That way we can enjoy the ambiance, we had better food for less money, and things like the split plate charge don't factor in.
I thought water was $2.75?

Jack

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter