Blue Bayou worth it? Plate sharing?

perdy1234

Mouseketeer
Looking into making reservations for the blue bayou. Do they alow u to share a plate? Can one person order just an appetizeer and the other an entree? WE are not big eaters so for us both to get an entree would be wasteful. Thanks for the help. what is the best thing on the menu?

Looking into making reservations for the blue bayou. Do they alow u to share a plate? Can one person order just an appetizeer and the other an entree? WE are not big eaters so for us both to get an entree would be wasteful. Thanks for the help. what is the best thing on the menu?

You can share a plate at the Blue Bayou, although there is a small 'split' charge. I think it's worth it, because they really do a great job of giving you both a little bit extra on each plate!

As for the best thing on the menu? I think it's really just a matter of preference! My step-sister and I shared salmon, and we both really enjoyed it!

I hope this helps a little!
Lorealle

My very favorite food in the whole WORLD is their Monte Cristo sandwich, but they only serve it at lunch. I imagine everything is good, and you can't beat the atmosphere! :thumbsup2

The split plate charge covers an extra appetizer. If you really don't eat much, I would ask if you could order just one entree but have the appetizer go to one person and the entree go to the other and claim that the person getting the appetizer is really not hungry (I've never done this, but depending on your waiter, I could imagine that they might do it)/

I would think as long as you don't ask them to split it and everyone is ordering something, even it's only a dessert or app, you should be fine. My friend really wants to go in September and there is NO WAY my little kids could eat their own meals each. I have no intention of ordering 3 entrees. My plan is to order 2 kids meals and a cup of clam chowder, saying it's for me, for my son. He loves clam chowder and eats like a 6 y/o boy- not much. ;) Since we'll be going for lunch a big slab of prime rib doesn't sound good so it will be the right amount of food. I despise throwing food away. :) I know lots of people who just go for dessert to enjoy the atmosphere. :teeth:

OP, when we went there in Sept, my brother (a marathon runner) got the monte cristo and could eat exactly half. It's heavy. Perfect to share.

Hubby and I went with the split plate for the portabello dish (we are vegetarian), and with the charge comes a prettily-plated dish for each, sides for each of you and a salad for each of you. So the charge might seem silly, but it's worth it.

I will add something I read here a couple months ago. A Dis'er went there and was DENIED the extra salad even while being charged, b/c the server said the charge was just a charge, it didn't get you anything more. It's only ONE such incident I've read of (that I recall) and I can't possibly imagine that it's correct. I figure it's best to go into situations with info like that. :)

You will not regret making a reservation there. The food is outstanding and the atmosphere is among the coolest in the whole park. Enjoy yourselves!!

The split charge was definitely worth it when I went with my best friend, we split the portabello dish and we each got two mushrooms a salad, side dishes, it was fantastic. The atmosphere was really great as well. I would highly recommend the experience.

this place is great. was looking at the blue bayou but was leery of the high cost but with the plate split it's actually not that bad. especially with the big portions as many of you stated

We must be big eaters because all of us including the kids all get a meal and eat all of it or close to all of it :laughing:

We must be big eaters because all of us including the kids all get a meal and eat all of it or close to all of it :laughing:

Well,depending on when you go and how many meals you eat, eating all of your portion isn't that strange. When my aunt and I went, we were eating at the first seating and had eaten breakfast that morning too, so we weren't starving for a full meal (plus we split the Monte Cristo...deep fried heart attack but oh so good in small portions imo). If you have it as your one main meal in the midafternoon, I could def see myself eating an entree all by myself.

Here's some pics of ours. We split the seafood jamalaya. It was pretty good and not too "fishy". I am not a seafood lover and any very picky about seafood. DH thinks I am crazy ... lol Anyway here are the pics.

He got the gumbo
100_1247.jpg

I got the salad
100_1246.jpg

Here's my half of the split plate
100_1254.jpg

It was plenty for us to eat. We also shared the cookie boat :) YUMMY!

100_1255.jpg

The Blue Bayou is totally worth it!!!

Great food, atmosphere, everything!

Really not that expensive either for what you get! Plus, it's probably the closest I'll ever get to Club 33 in my lifetime. ;)

Monte Cristo is great IMO but if you don't care for that, the short ribs were VERY good..I could have licked that sauce off the plate.

Sooooooooooo worth it!! I love the BB! I can eat a full plate myself no problem but what we usually do is get 2 different entress and each eat half. I love the MC and I can eat the whole thing but Lord knows I don't need it so I just share with DBF and all is good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter