Blue Bayou waterside seating question.......

misscampbells

Disboard Junkie in Idaho
Hey everyone,
Does anyone know what time they start seating for dinner at blue bayou? Also, if you get the first dinner seating are you fairly likely to get a waterside table? I know with lunch that if you have a 11:30 ressie, you get a waterside table, just wondered if this was true for the first dinner seatings they have. Also, does anyone know if you can get a table for 6 by the water, or is it only for tables of 4 or less?

Any info is appreciated,
Kathy

misscampbells said:
Hey everyone,
Does anyone know what time they start seating for dinner at blue bayou? Also, if you get the first dinner seating are you fairly likely to get a waterside table? I know with lunch that if you have a 11:30 ressie, you get a waterside table, just wondered if this was true for the first dinner seatings they have. Also, does anyone know if you can get a table for 6 by the water, or is it only for tables of 4 or less?

Any info is appreciated,
Kathy
I understand that they have refurbed Blue Bayou since we ate there in 2005 so my info may be outdated. We have a family of six, and got a waterside table for lunch. Last year they had two waterside tables that seated six. We had an 11:30 lunch reservation, and arrived at 11:10 for check-in. When I made the reservation I requested waterside. I was told ahead of time that when we checked in, to remind the CM that we wanted waterside. Upon check-in she noted the reservation request and my reminder, and that worked.

Good luck. We had a great meal there by the water.

Dinner starts at 4:00 and they don't shut down after lunch, so that won't make a difference. However, I just got off the phone with them, and they said that you can get a waterfront table at any time you just have to wait longer. They also said that they can seat larger groups in that location.

Hope you get the perfect table!

I was told when I made our ps for our party of 8 that they would be seating us at two tables. Since we are 4 adult and 4 children we'll see how that works out.

What is that all about, two tables? We are a party of 8 as well and I had a call from Vacation Planning yesterday because they were making our reservations and were told that we would get two tables. What is the difference between seating 6 people or 8?

mundaremom said:
What is that all about, two tables? We are a party of 8 as well and I had a call from Vacation Planning yesterday because they were making our reservations and were told that we would get two tables. What is the difference between seating 6 people or 8?
Some of the BB tables can handle 6, of which two were waterside in 2005. Guess they do not have any that can handle 8.

HydroGuy said:
I understand that they have refurbed Blue Bayou since we ate there in 2005 so my info may be outdated. We have a family of six, and got a waterside table for lunch. Last year they had two waterside tables that seated six. We had an 11:30 lunch reservation, and arrived at 11:10 for check-in. When I made the reservation I requested waterside. I was told ahead of time that when we checked in, to remind the CM that we wanted waterside. Upon check-in she noted the reservation request and my reminder, and that worked.

Good luck. We had a great meal there by the water.

I guess you were one of the lucky ones. I did exactly what you did and they told me I had to wait another 1 1/2 hours before I could get my waterside view. I didn't want to wait that long.

I still enjoyed my meal, atmosphere and the company. :)

Ginarella said:
I guess you were one of the lucky ones. I did exactly what you did and they told me I had to wait another 1 1/2 hours before I could get my waterside view. I didn't want to wait that long.

I still enjoyed my meal, atmosphere and the company. :)
When I asked about it, apparently on that day there were only two requests for a waterside table for six at 11:30, and with two tables our chances were pretty good.;)

mundaremom said:
I believe the tables are bolted to the floor. They cannot pull tables together to seat larger parties, so they seat 8 people at two tables as a solution.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter