Blue Bayou reservation.

yesmylove

Mouseketeer
I need to go on line Friday to make a reservation for Blue Bayou, at what time can l do this and is that California time as l am from Toronto, Canada.
Thanks

It would all depend on what day/time you want the reservation to be at Blue Bayou. Reservations can be made up to 60 days out. At 6am California time, the system updates to add another day onto the reservation system.

Getting reservations at DLR is not nearly as difficult as it is for WDW, so it's not really necessary to try and be online right when the system rolls. If you do happen to try right on the 60-day mark, if you find there are no reservations available, it most likely means they haven't loaded that day into the system yet (rather than the restaurant being fully booked). Based on the PP, it sounds like the system has finally settled on 6:00 am (Pacific Time) as the time when the system rolls; when I last was checking, it was inconsistent (after midnight, but before 8:00 am).

Great, thank you. I have booked reservations many times for WDW and it can be a real pain especially when free dining is on. My 60 day mark will be this Friday.

Great, thank you. I have booked reservations many times for WDW and it can be a real pain especially when free dining is on. My 60 day mark will be this Friday.

Book as soon as you like, but it's ok to relax a bit when booking dining at DL compared to WDW. I always try to book dining at WDW as soon as possible, but never do that when booking dining at DL and I still always get what I want. Have a great trip!

It's nothing like DW -- I wouldn't recommend doing this, but I've gotten BB reservations the day before. :)

I even got Chef's Table at Napa Rose 3 weeks before my date.

Happy anniversary!

You don't need to panic. We booked BB for a July date with only 2 weeks' notice. You're going in September, and I am sure it will be even less busy then than in July.

Be sure to mention at the door that you're celebrating an anniversary. We were celebrating our 25th and we got a table by the water (first time ever) and a complimentary and yummy chocate mousse dessert. Mickey-shaped, of course.

Enjoy!!

we've eaten lunch at blue bayou twice and both times didn't make our reservation until the day before. but they only had a few times to choose from (which was fine with us- we weren't picky), so if there's a certain time you want, maybe don't wait until the day before, haha.

I agree that you do not have to pre-plan as much as when planning WDW (been there done that many times). But if you want a table by the water I would book sooner rather than later. If you eat early (we do just cause we like to eat early and also to go at odd times as to avoid crowds) book 11am. Those are the only ones they "guarantee" as waterside. I booked a month out and got 11:20 (could not find an 11AM) - got to the restaurant by 11 and asked for a table by the water and was told those were for 11AM bookings only. We got sat at around 11:15 and saw open tables by the water. They were held for the 11AM adrs, even some that came 15-20 minutes after opening.

Of course if you go for a later ADR I am sure you could ask to wait for a table by the water - but that could mean 15 minutes or an hour wait. If you don't care where you sit (our table was just a table away from the water and it was very nice) then I would not set the alarm just to book it ;)

I definitely want a water side table so l think l will book as soon as l can. Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
You cannot request a water side table when you make the reservation; that is something you have to do when you check-in at the restaurant. As the PP mentions, the "easiest" time to get a water side table with minimal wait is to book a reservation at opening (lately it's been at 11:30 am). I've also been told that guests with reservations at opening time are by default seated by the water (although, they will not guarantee you a water-side table even then in case there isn't one available for your party size).

I booked a lunch for August and they told me that BB opens at 11:30, not 11:00. I sure hope that CM was correct!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter