Blue Bayou ? (Picky adults)

cinmell

DIS Veteran
We will be in Disneyland next month and obtained a dinner reservation to Blue Bayou. Two of the adults we are going with were planning on ordering steak, but when they looked at the menu they realized it was a steak/lobster meal. We noticed that the children’s menu has chicken breast and beef options. Does the restaurant allow adults to order from children’s menu? If not, we’ll have to look for another restaurant because 2 people in our party won‘t eat any of the other choices on adult menu.🤷🏻‍♀️

Thank you!

I'm sure they'd be willing to substitute the lobster with the chicken if need be. I'd say reach out to guest information at (714) 781-4636 and check with them to make sure. You're far enough ahead of your visit that you should be able to get an answer before canceling your reservation.

Either way you gotta find a way to get them to agree to eat at Blue Bayou, such an awesome place!

They are so helpful and accommodating. During our last visit, we asked for two kid salmon meals for our 13 year old because one kid meal wouldn't be enough and the adult meal had too much "stuff" for his picky palette. The waitress suggested the adult salmon and the kid sides. Perfect.

Maybe split up. Maybe they would like to try something else and everyone can get what they would like.

Kae

The staff at the Blue Bayou has always been very helpful and open to changes (with-in reason) for us. They ought to have suggestions or ideas for changes or special orders, they work with people from around the world daily. :cool1:

As a picky adult I gotta say it makes me so happy to see there are other crazy people like me. (Although I do love a good surf and turf, I’m sure there are other things I’m more crazy about than them)

Surprised they don’t have just a big ole steak on the menu. I think last time I went I got a nice sized ribeye. I’m sure they will be more than happy to sub out lobster for chicken. Makes the dish more profitable for them.

If there are any seafood lovers at your table, maybe swap the lobsters for the steaks with another member of your dining party? Although I do like the option above and call ahead to see if you can substitute the lobster for chicken. That might be your best option.

I am in the same boat as you. I am dying to eat here but my daughter is the picky one and I'm not a seafood eater so it would be difficult to eat here. We thought about just doing dessert but even those options are limited. Maybe we could just go for drinks. lol

They are so helpful and accommodating. During our last visit, we asked for two kid salmon meals for our 13 year old because one kid meal wouldn't be enough and the adult meal had too much "stuff" for his picky palette. The waitress suggested the adult salmon and the kid sides. Perfect.
Good to know…thanks!! My 19-year-old son is also very picky. I was concerned about what he would eat at BB but he could do this

Thank you everyone! I will suggest looking into the allergen menu or calling the number provided by Gamedog. 👍🏻

I am curious to see what you find out, as I recall before someone asking if they could just order a filet without lobster ( pre-covid) and they refused. At least they used to have a ribeye without lobster. I have a shellfish allergy and will be bummed if I cannot get a piece of beef without shellfish. I realize I could just not eat it, but hate paying for something that won't be eaten. Hopefully, they will expand the menu soon.

I am curious to see what you find out, as I recall before someone asking if they could just order a filet without lobster ( pre-covid) and they refused. At least they used to have a ribeye without lobster. I have a shellfish allergy and will be bummed if I cannot get a piece of beef without shellfish. I realize I could just not eat it, but hate paying for something that won't be eaten. Hopefully, they will expand the menu soon.

I mentioned it upthread, but you should be able to get a rib eye alone if you order off the allergy menu. Disney is very good in dealing with allergies. When you make your ADR (or sit down at the table) mention that you have a seafood allergy and they'll accommodate you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter