Blue Bayou open during POTC refurb?!

Cal-Pie

DIS Veteran
I buried this in another thread, but thought it deserved some attention of it's own. Online reservations at BB are now showing available during the first 2 days of the refurb. I thought it was a mistake until the DL blog mentioned special Mother's Day offerings at BB, which are now also on the menu page at the DL website.

Is BB usually open during POTC refurbs?:confused3

I buried this in another thread, but thought it deserved some attention of it's own. Online reservations at BB are now showing available during the first 2 days of the refurb. I thought it was a mistake until the DL blog mentioned special Mother's Day offerings at BB, which are now also on the menu page at the DL website.

Is BB usually open during POTC refurbs?:confused3

I didn't think so. But that refurb calendar has been in flux for some time now, so maybe they simply pushed the Pirates closure out a couple days.

Ahhh the plot thickens!!!
This would be FANTASTIC news for us, since we arrive on the 29th.

I called Disney dining tonight and asked if they would be open during the refurb and they said it's been cancelled!! I know that they might not be correct but I'm really hoping they are because I want to ride pirates and eat at Blue Bayou when we go to Disneyland for the first time in May!

I called Disney dining tonight and asked if they would be open during the refurb and they said it's been cancelled!! I know that they might not be correct but I'm really hoping they are because I want to ride pirates and eat at Blue Bayou when we go to Disneyland for the first time in May!

If this is true I want to give you a virtual hug:love: right now!! I haven't been on POTC in 15 years because it's been closed on every trip since. I will be so excited if my kiddos finally get to ride it for the first time:cool1:

If this is true I want to give you a virtual hug:love: right now!! I haven't been on POTC in 15 years because it's been closed on every trip since. I will be so excited if my kiddos finally get to ride it for the first time:cool1:

I'm really hoping its true! I keep hearing how much better Pirates is at Disneyland compared to Disneyworld. I guess we'll wait and see how it turns out!

This would be fantastic! We will have two weeks in the park and I was thinking we would only have one day to do POTC!

I thought they were crazy to close POTC and Indy at the same time.

Time will tell though!

Oh this would be wonderful news. We're going in the beginning if May and I so wanted to eat there!

Oh, I hope this is true!!! I was so bummed about Small World AND Pirates being down at the same time! You've at least given my whole family a glimmer of hope! :thumbsup2

DH and I are going the beginning of May also and I was CRUSHED to see POTC closed..... You have given me hope in the slim chance it might be open when we are there!!!! I also just saw Small World is going down also when we are there... I was like NOOOOOOO!!! That would mean Pirates, Indy, and Small World would all be down at the same time at the beginning of our trip....

Ohhh I hope this is true! Id be THRILLED!!!! Hubby and I could celebrate our 5th anniversary at BB afterall :D

Carolynleanne said:
Ohhh I hope this is true! Id be THRILLED!!!! Hubby and I could celebrate our 5th anniversary at BB afterall :D

I hope that you will be able to have your anniversary dinner at the Blue Bayou.
I don't know if you have dined there before, if not, definitely ask to be seated waterside, when you check in for your reservation/p.s.
It is a good idea to check in about 20 minutes prior to your time.

I called disney dining this afternoon and was told that BB will be open during the refurb dates, but that they had no information on the POTC refurb.

Fingers crossed, fingers crossedpirate:

I called disney dining this afternoon and was told that BB will be open during the refurb dates, but that they had no information on the POTC refurb. Fingers crossed, fingers crossedpirate:

That makes me wonder if they're going to not drain it for the refurb. From what everyone here has told that would really detract from the atmosphere. Good vibes tho. Hopefully the ride will be open as well.

I hope that you will be able to have your anniversary dinner at the Blue Bayou.
I don't know if you have dined there before, if not, definitely ask to be seated waterside, when you check in for your reservation/p.s.
It is a good idea to check in about 20 minutes prior to your time.

Thank you!
I guess no one knows if the atmosphere would be ruined if they are doing a refurb and keeping the restaurant open?

Oh that would be amazing! We arrive 4/28 and I was so sad to hear POTC would be closed! We've never been to DLR and I was really looking forward to it! Fingers crossed you're right! Thank you for a glimmer of hope!

I made a lunch ressie today for BB for April 29. I asked if the ride was still to be closed for rehab and was told yes. Sure do hope it's open though!

Trying not to get too excited about this, but the POTC refurb has disappeared from the official map (it was there yesterday). Will keep checking daily until our May trip of course!

Trying not to get too excited about this, but the POTC refurb has disappeared from the official map (it was there yesterday). Will keep checking daily until our May trip of course!

I still see it on the map:worried::confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter