• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Blt

RDP

DIS Veteran
What the best price per point at the moment for BLT either through Disney or Resale?

I have seen some resale contracts listed for as low as $100. Through Disney, I think it is more like $110 - $112/ppt, although some of the webcasts from March may have offered it lower for high point purchases.

DVCnews.com has a pretty good up to date listing of Disney prices.

Initial purchase or add on? The price is usually different for the two.

I don't have any figures for first time buyers but here's some recent prices for add on contract:

BLT:
$120 base price
50-99 points: $8 off
100-124 points: $10 off
125-249 points: $12 off
250+ points: $14 off.

Of course today's a new day and the amounts could have changed.

Unless you are planning on buying a small contract, I think that buying BLT directly from Disney is the best option for now. I haven't seen too many resale contracts available yet, and getting them from Disney, you are more likely to get incentives.

Depending on the UY you are looking for, you may get 2009 points when buying from Disney. If you have a UY after April, you get the points for 2009 and 2010. Based on posts on disboards, it sound like you get the 2009 points without paying annual dues for them. The 2010 points will have prorated annual dues from the date that you close.

If you receive 2009 points, I believe they will let you bank the points into 2010 if need be.

Also, if you have a vacation date in mind, when purchasing direct from Disney, your guide may be able to spread a little pixie dust and help you find accommodations even if others are reporting the resort is booked. (The resorts most likely that they can find availability will be the ones that are not sold out...AKV, BLT, SSR/THV, and GCV because Disney still owns a large portion of points in these resorts). There's no guarantee on this, but many have reported success with this, including DW and I.

:) We bought into AKV last June as new owners directly from Disney. We got 2008 points (Dec UY) and had to pay pro-rated MFs for that. We paid for our 2009 MF's this past January. Of Course it could be a different incentive this year.

I just bought 400 points (2 separate 200 point contracts) of BLT for $106 per point as a new member.

The incentive was $12 plus $2 more for viewing the webcast.

I also have an April UY and we have 2009 points with NO maintenance fees and we have 2010 points with prorated maintenance fees.

We could have chosen the 7 day cruise, but we chose the money off of the points instead.

Initial purchase or add on? The price is usually different for the two.

I don't have any figures for first time buyers but here's some recent prices for add on contract:

BLT:
$120 base price
50-99 points: $8 off
100-124 points: $10 off
125-249 points: $12 off
250+ points: $14 off.

Of course today's a new day and the amounts could have changed.

Are these prices listed anywhere? on the dvcnews website it is staing $8 for 100 points.

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter