BLT with small kids (4/2)

Horvatk

Earning My Ears
We’re planning a trip in October and we really want to get in BLT for its close proximity to MK. We have two littles - 4.5 & basically 2 at the time. Our other option is Kidani (looking at a 2 bedroom for either), but concerned about the little one and travel times from AKL. Would you pick BLT or Kidani? I haven’t been to Disney in about 13 years and my husband hasn’t been since he was very little and this will obviously be our first time traveling with kids, so we want to try and make things as convenient as possible (don’t laugh at that statement too hard lol).

We’re planning a trip in October and we really want to get in BLT for its close proximity to MK. We have two littles - 4.5 & basically 2 at the time. Our other option is Kidani (looking at a 2 bedroom for either), but concerned about the little one and travel times from AKL. Would you pick BLT or Kidani? I haven’t been to Disney in about 13 years and my husband hasn’t been since he was very little and this will obviously be our first time traveling with kids, so we want to try and make things as convenient as possible (don’t laugh at that statement too hard lol).
BLT is definitely more convenient to the MK, which is where I would guess you will spend a good deal of time. You can walk there.

It is also easy to get to Epcot via monorail from CR to the TTC and a transfer to the Epcot monorail.

AKV only has bus access to the parks. For families with small kids, this means folding up a stroller and dragging it on the bus every time. This can be especially cumbersome when you have more than one child or are the only adult trying to wrangle kids and stroller. However, the splash and play area at Kidani is much better than BLT's.

Chances of booking AKV are better than getting BLT for your dates just due to popularity and resort size. Both rooms have their advantages and negatives. Assuming that cost and availability are equal, it really comes down to personal preferences.

BLT hands down, in my humble opinion. Save AKL for a later trip when you’re more experienced with WDW and WDW with your little ones.

BLT is a great resort - especially first trip or first trip in a long time type stays given the proximity to MK and various amenities of CR/BLT. Much of the magic of WDW is centered around MK (my opinion), so to me you want to be somewhere where you can take full advantage of it as you can with the monorail resorts.

Traveling with littles at WDW can sometimes be hard - BLT has a high convenience factor for the adults, in my opinion.

BLT. The proximity to MK is a life-saver with kids in tow. In the ten minutes you might spent walking to the bus stop at another resort, you can be at the gates of the park. Your kids will enjoy watching and riding the monorail, even if you just make a circle. You will be able to watch the Electric Water Parade and fireworks at night from your resort (if not from your room), which is nice for adults once kids are abed. You also will have easy access to other Bay Lake resorts (Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness, Grand Floridian) with kid-friendly meals and activities.

Thank you everyone!! I’ve heard such good things about the kidani pool, but my kids would be happy with any pool so knowing the convenience factor is so high at BLT solidifies my decision.

I would choose BLT over Kidani. If anything opens up at CCV or VGF, I would consider those too.
When I tell you my dream has been to stay at VGF since the full house episodes where they went to Disney….😂 thanks for the response! I’ll keep an eye out for CC

BLT!!! With the children being so small, it sounds like MK will be your go-to park. A short walk back with the stroller so the kids can have a mid-day break is invaluable (especially if one of them is having a meltdown). I am speaking from experience! Good luck! No wrong decisions,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter