BLT Studio MK View or CR Tower MK View?

BLT or CR?

• BLT

• CR

Results are only viewable after voting.

WeLubDeeDub

Mouseketeer
Given a choice, which would you prefer and why? We have a reservation for the studio already, but we can't decide if we want to change to CR. The main reason for us thinking of the switch is the room size (apparently the rooms are approx 100 sf bigger at CR). As you can see in our sig, it's going to be me, DW and our 2 DD's, 9 & 3. Our main reasons for thinking of not switching is the BLT pool area (looks awesome!) and the fact that it could be a dry run for buying into DVC @ BLT (although we would probably buy enough points for a 1BR).

So what do ya think?

Thanks!

I voted for the Contemporary because I their standard rooms are bigger then a Bay Lake Tower Studio room, plus you would have everything right there in the Tower and wouldn't need to use the skybridge coming from Bay Lake Tower.

I'd go for the CR -- I've heard plenty of complaints that the BLT studios are really small, but never heard that about a tower room (or any room) at the CR. Also, the regular rooms have 2 beds -- don't the studios just have one?

I'm probably going to get flamed here :eek: but we prefer BLT. We stayed at CR MK view in August 2006 and absolutely loved it. In December we decided to stay 4 nights at BLT in a Lake view one bed then 3 nights over Christmas at CR Atrium. I can honestly say we all wish we'd stayed at BLT and not shelled out the enormous $$$ for CR Atrium.

As we are DVC owners now we have got used to the extra space and amenities in DVC accommodation. We found CR quite noisy compared to BLT. We are a family of 4 adults so maybe that made a difference as well as having the extra space of a one bed at BLT.

If the OP hasn't stayed at either Resort I'd probably opt for CR and ask the DVC rep there if you could have a look at the BLT studio mock up room.

Caron

for room size. DH and I stayed in BLT studio and while it was fine for the 2 of us, I think it would be tight with 4 and all the "belongings". Stay at the CR and take the BLT tour.:thumbsup2

I'd think the deciding factor would be how high a floor you could get. Since you wouldn't know that until you actually got a room its nothing you can do anything about. So, with that out of the way you're looking at a decision based on room amenities. I'd prefer the BLT option there because of the kitchenette and the overall newness of the place.

We would love to have booked a 1BR, but there were none available. As it was, we snagged the last MK view studio (according to the CM). We were all excited because we booked BLT (since we've kicked around the idea to buy there), but I'm not so sure we would have picked CR as a first choice otherwise (although I love the resort). And now the consensus seems to be that the room size is a major factor. But, then again, how much time are we going to be in the room? Answer: not a whole lot, but we've got 2 evenings planned for resort time, plus our daily midday break. And for the amount of $$, we don't want to be sardined in there. Looks like my DW and I have some chatting to do this evening, cause I have a feeling we'll need to get this done in the next day or so.

I also forgot to mention that the CR room is $200 more overall (6d, 7n). How does that play in your thoughts now?

I voted CR as you will have the daybed option, rooms are about 100 sq feet larger and that view? Done deal. Plus, any dining options are right in the tower, and where else can you say the monorail goes directly thru your building? Sounds like a great stay either way, enjoy!

I'm probably going to get flamed here :eek: but we prefer BLT. We stayed at CR MK view in August 2006 and absolutely loved it. In December we decided to stay 4 nights at BLT in a Lake view one bed then 3 nights over Christmas at CR Atrium. I can honestly say we all wish we'd stayed at BLT and not shelled out the enormous $$$ for CR Atrium.

As we are DVC owners now we have got used to the extra space and amenities in DVC accommodation. We found CR quite noisy compared to BLT.
One thing to remember is the Atrium Club is one of the two Club Level floors, so with everything that's included it would be more expensive.

Well I think since there are no restaurants, stores and a concourse level like the 4th floor at Bay Lake Tower where you can see all the people and etc, that's why you would think the Contemporary was noisy.

Even as a BLT owner myself, in your situation I would choose CR for the space and the bedding. 4 people with one bed and a pull out at BLT does not sound like a fun trip!

Now if we were talking about a 1 Bed instead, my opinion would be completely opposite.

I will say that I am about the laziest person on the face of the earth, and our room was one door away from being the farthest possible room from the skybridge to CR, and I really didn't mind the walk at all.

The tower is constructed and laid out quite well, the scenery along the walk is pretty an that beautiful view of the MK and Bay Lake from the skybridge just never got old.

I agree with the previous posters. I would book the tower.

You could keep calling to see if a one-bedroom opens up.

I stayed in a one-bedroom at BLT last summer, and it was wonderful. I toured the studio room, and it was small. You will most definitely feel cramped.

The tower is your best bet!

Thanks everyone for your input. We've made the switch! CR Tower MK view it is!! We kept searching for room and pool photos and after looking at them for the past few days, we decided the CR's room size and overall look was the deciding factor (we thought the CR room looked more "deluxe" than the studio did).

Anyhow, thanks again everyone!

Would like to try something new so BLT; especially if DVC purchase is in your future.

Have fun whatever you decide.

Thanks everyone for your input. We've made the switch! CR Tower MK view it is!! We kept searching for room and pool photos and after looking at them for the past few days, we decided the CR's room size and overall look was the deciding factor (we thought the CR room looked more "deluxe" than the studio did).

Great decision! Some other reasons why a CR room is better include:

-At BLT your MK view could be as low as 3rd floor (even lower than the monorail), while at CR you're guaranteed to be at least 6th floor.
-Bedding configuration: 2 queens + comfortable daybed at CR, versus 1 queen + sofa sleeper at BLT.

Have a great time!

I think you made a great so choice and I hope you enjoy staying at the Contemporary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter