• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BLT Standard View

ash&abby'smom

Princess Ballerinas<br><font color=deeppink>Love,
What are your thoughts on a 1 bedroom Standard view at BLT? We normally book Lake view and request higher floor. I'm worried about getting a ground level unit. But I would really like to save on the points as we are really only in the room to sleep. Opinions please! Thanks so much!

We stayed in a 1br std last trip, requested highest floor possible and were on the 4th floor. It was great. We are staying in a 2br std next trip. I've also stayed in a high floor LV before too, and while the view was significantly nicer, I also prefer to stay on less points and go more often!

As for ground floor - I probably wouldn't choose it, but just think about all the time saved because you don't have to wait for an elevator!

Also - I am sorry about your daughter.

We stayed in a 1br std last trip, requested highest floor possible and were on the 4th floor. It was great. We are staying in a 2br std next trip. I've also stayed in a high floor LV before too, and while the view was significantly nicer, I also prefer to stay on less points and go more often!

As for ground floor - I probably wouldn't choose it, but just think about all the time saved because you don't have to wait for an elevator!

Also - I am sorry about your daughter.

Thank you for your response. I would be happy with anything about ground floor. I'm going to bite the bullet and book it and request highest floor available and hope for the best.

Thank you about my daughter, that is so kind and so appreciated. She was a true blessing for 13 years. Now we celebrate her life with her sister at her favorite place "Disney". :)

Since Disney will put a room in the highest room category possible, a standard room is standard for a reason and you get what you pay for. Occasionally you might get lucky or maybe you don't really care what your view is, in that case a standard will be fine but you might be viewing bocce ball players or trash cans all day.

:earsboy: Bill

We tried a 1BR standard once and while it’s always nice to be at BLT we preferred the privacy that the lake view rooms offered so that’s all we book now. We were ground floor near community hall facing into the courtyard. Really convenient for skipping the elevator, pool, and community hall but I didn’t like looking out and seeing people and that was probably one of the more private ground floor rooms. I had requested high floor but you don’t always get what you ask for.

We’ve stayed standard 6 times. Every trip I requested high floor. This is what I got: once 3rd floor, once 2nd floor, four times ground floor. A request is not guaranteed, so prepare yourself for ground floor, and if you get one higher, consider yourself lucky. I’m booked at BLT in nov, so we’ll see what happens then.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter