BLT standard; Thur or Fri better check in?

AllieV

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
I booked a 1-br standard view at Bay Lake Towers from Friday April 26 through Monday April 29, 2013. I waitlisted the prior Thursday 4/25. It will likely come through, but now I'm rethinking. We're moving to Beach Club from Mon-Fri after, for 7 total nights; 8 nights if the waitlist comes through.

The flights are not as good going out of Friday, but I'm thinking that my room choice would be much better checking in on Friday vs Thursday.

For BLT standard, I'd like something close to the monorail path but also facing the pool (is that possible?)

Any thoughts? Would you cancel the waitlist and just stick with the 7 nt trip?

I booked a 1-br standard view at Bay Lake Towers from Friday April 26 through Monday April 29, 2013. I waitlisted the prior Thursday 4/25. It will likely come through, but now I'm rethinking. We're moving to Beach Club from Mon-Fri after, for 7 total nights; 8 nights if the waitlist comes through.

The flights are not as good going out of Friday, but I'm thinking that my room choice would be much better checking in on Friday vs Thursday.

For BLT standard, I'd like something close to the monorail path but also facing the pool (is that possible?)

Any thoughts? Would you cancel the waitlist and just stick with the 7 nt trip?

I would not make the decision based on "room choice." That's way too much of an unknown. I'd make it based on the flights, but you can't book that without knowing your arrival date. So I'd stay on the waitlist, and when it comes to the time that you want to book your flight (like a sale comes along), if your waitlist hasn't come through, I'd cancel the waitlist and book the flight.

I think room choice would be better on Friday, because of the higher points... lots more check outs on Friday morning, I would think.

With DVC resorts operating at nearly 100 percent capacity all the time, there typically isn't much room choice anyway. I would pick the day that works better for your flights/plans. :goodvibes

I am pretty sure they don't get too many requests for odd numbered room (facing the pool)...so you probably would be safe with that request no matter what day you check in...

you can't see the monorail and face the pool at the same time.....so not sure what the monorail path would be, but if you mean the ease of walking to the contemporary, I think the only request would be to request not the north side?

Anyway - I think that any room you get in BLT standard is going to be fine and you should do what makes the most sense for your travel plans...for us, I would hate to be spending high points for a Friday night and miss half of it!! If Thursday works - go for it!!

Thanks for all the advice. Some great points. I booked a Thursday flight and waitlisted Thursday standard room . If it doesn't come through I'll rearrange rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter