BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

So are the inner south and north rooms standees view and the center is bay lake view? What is better in your opinion inner center or south, north for a lake view

Standard views are on the 5th floor and below. On the 6th floor and above on the inside of the "C" (odd numbered rooms) are lake view villas. And lake view rooms can be found as low as the second floor. See the map of villas and views on page one.

I just got off the phone with a member services manager. The rooms/categories aren't correct. There are only 1 standard studio and 1 standard one bedroom on each of the 4th and 5th floors. So posting that all of the 4th floor is standard view isn't correct. I called not so happy with being in 7418 (4th floor) and paying for a theme park view if this was a standard view (still gorgeous).
Gave them this link and was told "IT'S ABSOLUTELY NOT CORRECT".

I just wanted to share so other members won't think they're being overcharged for a room based on this list.

I just got off the phone with a member services manager. The rooms/categories aren't correct. There are only 1 standard studio and 1 standard one bedroom on each of the 4th and 5th floors. So posting that all of the 4th floor is standard view isn't correct. I called not so happy with being in 7418 (4th floor) and paying for a theme park view if this was a standard view (still gorgeous). Gave them this link and was told "IT'S ABSOLUTELY NOT CORRECT". I just wanted to share so other members won't think they're being overcharged for a room based on this list.
Unfortunately I do not think you spoke with a well informed manager. Back when the resort opened that room was a theme park view but the lower floors (including the 4th floor were reclassified to standard view - DVC had gotten a little too lenient with the theme park view definition and the low floors were decidedly poor compared to others in the view category. They adjusted the point charts and announced it to members so it went beyond speculation here on the boards.

My first stay at BLT was in 7428 - a theme park view at the time. Since the reallocation people have reported staying it for standard view which is much more appropriate.

So was I overcharged points last July when I stayed in 7418? (4th floor)
I was charged theme park points.
Where can I reference reallocation points when I call back?
Thanks

So was I overcharged points last July when I stayed in 7418? (4th floor)
I was charged theme park points.
Where can I reference reallocation points when I call back?
Thanks

We stayed in 7518 it is a theme park view. Perhaps 7418 still is considered one since you face the park more.

We are staying at BLT in November (first week) and we currently have a standard and are waitlisted for Lake View (not likely).

Every trip, I make a room request. I feel obligated. Why not ask for something, you just might get it, right?

But for a standard room, is there even a worthwhile request to make?

Seems like that there are so few standard room options. I feel like a room request for a standard is like deciding what options you want on an entry level car.

We are staying at BLT in November (first week) and we currently have a standard and are waitlisted for Lake View (not likely).

Every trip, I make a room request. I feel obligated. Why not ask for something, you just might get it, right?

But for a standard room, is there even a worthwhile request to make?

Seems like that there are so few standard room options. I feel like a room request for a standard is like deciding what options you want on an entry level car.

I find the standard view rooms on the inside of the ring (facing Bay Lake) more appealing, so if I ever book a Standard view, that's where I'd request to be. Considering how few standard view rooms there are (only 2-3 floors worth), I don't think you'd find a more specific request fulfilled very often...

Just wanted to note-

I sent an email to Disney regarding a few aspects of our stay (mostly wonderful things,) however there were two minor 'concerns' I mentioned. One was the fact that the BLT rooms ending in xx30 are full price (or full point) MK view rooms. Someone from WDW called me the next day to talk to me about it. I shared that it was a lovely room and we were blessed with a wonderful discount so it wasn't as big of a deal, but still a little disappointing that you can't even see the MK unless you are right up at the window or at the edge of the balcony. She made note of everything I said and said she'd pass it along. Not sure anything will change, per say, but I did suggest those rooms having a slight discount and the category of partial MK view. She actually commented personally and said for the price of those rooms she would've been pretty disappointed if that had been the 'MK view.'

Just wanted to note- I sent an email to Disney regarding a few aspects of our stay (mostly wonderful things,) however there were two minor 'concerns' I mentioned. One was the fact that the BLT rooms ending in xx30 are full price (or full point) MK view rooms. Someone from WDW called me the next day to talk to me about it. I shared that it was a lovely room and we were blessed with a wonderful discount so it wasn't as big of a deal, but still a little disappointing that you can't even see the MK unless you are right up at the window or at the edge of the balcony. She made note of everything I said and said she'd pass it along. Not sure anything will change, per say, but I did suggest those rooms having a slight discount and the category of partial MK view. She actually commented personally and said for the price of those rooms she would've been pretty disappointed if that had been the 'MK view.'

This happened to us, too. I had my heart set on mk view (bday present to myself...I don't normally splurge for views) and was so disappointed I had to go all the way to the balcony to see the castle! Of course, without those rooms, there sure aren't many mk studios available. In my case, the cm at the front desk was absolutely amazing and managed to get us a better view. So I am sure they have heard that complaint before about those rooms.

This happened to us, too. I had my heart set on mk view (bday present to myself...I don't normally splurge for views) and was so disappointed I had to go all the way to the balcony to see the castle! Of course, without those rooms, there sure aren't many mk studios available. In my case, the cm at the front desk was absolutely amazing and managed to get us a better view. So I am sure they have heard that complaint before about those rooms.

I was a little bummed too. I try not to sweat the small stuff at Disney, but my mom had been dreaming of being able to watch Wishes from her room for years and this was finally my chance for that to happen for her.

We were still able to crowd in the corner of the balcony and, of course, let her have the seat so she could have a great view, but I was so glad we got a discount. As I looked around at her in the chair and the rest of us all huddled, standing in the corner behind her I couldn't help but feel a little peeved that someone down the hall was watching the same show lying in their bed ;)

I was a little bummed too. I try not to sweat the small stuff at Disney, but my mom had been dreaming of being able to watch Wishes from her room for years and this was finally my chance for that to happen for her. We were still able to crowd in the corner of the balcony and, of course, let her have the seat so she could have a great view, but I was so glad we got a discount. As I looked around at her in the chair and the rest of us all huddled, standing in the corner behind her I couldn't help but feel a little peeved that someone down the hall was watching the same show lying in their bed ;)

Well, if it helps, although the view from the room was amazing, I couldn't watch it well from my bed bc the bed was facing the other way ;-). Honestly, I've never asked for a room change ever and I was a little embarrassed to ask this time but the cm was so incredibly nice about it and got me switched.

Well, if it helps, although the view from the room was amazing, I couldn't watch it well from my bed bc the bed was facing the other way ;-). Honestly, I've never asked for a room change ever and I was a little embarrassed to ask this time but the cm was so incredibly nice about it and got me switched.

We never have either, and I strongly considered it. However, we had bell services with us with luggage for 4 people, Garden Grocer had just delivered, Disney Florist had just delivered, and (due to our room being ready late) a cake was being delivered very soon after we got into the room. There was so much going on and everyone kept saying it was fine, so I let it go. I know the resort was sold out, so there prob wouldn't have been another option anyway, and we aren't DVC owners, so I guess I felt a little bit like it was our duty to take a 'lesser' view ;)

I find the standard view rooms on the inside of the ring (facing Bay Lake) more appealing, so if I ever book a Standard view, that's where I'd request to be. Considering how few standard view rooms there are (only 2-3 floors worth), I don't think you'd find a more specific request fulfilled very often...

When you say "more appealing", can you elaborate?
Our last room looked out on the bocce court, so clearly we don't care too much about the view. Just wondering what's different with the rooms on the outside versus inside?

When you say "more appealing", can you elaborate?
Our last room looked out on the bocce court, so clearly we don't care too much about the view. Just wondering what's different with the rooms on the outside versus inside?

I can't speak for the poster you're asking, but I'm guessing it would be because standard view on the inside of the C would be a view of bocce, shuffleboard, greenery, fountain, etc... and the view from the rooms on the outside of the C would be parking lot, loading dock, underside of the monorail track? I still feel like you should be able to see portions of the MK and Wishes from those room, though? I'll have to check the first post and see!

I can't speak for the poster you're asking, but I'm guessing it would be because standard view on the inside of the C would be a view of bocce, shuffleboard, greenery, fountain, etc... and the view from the rooms on the outside of the C would be parking lot, loading dock, underside of the monorail track? I still feel like you should be able to see portions of the MK and Wishes from those room, though? I'll have to check the first post and see!
I stared at the first post trying to figure it all out. We had zero complaints about our last room. It was a 2BR lock-off. We never had to wait for an elevator or take stairs since we were ground level. The elevator to the CR and monorail was always fast. And with our refill mugs, I just meandered over tot he pool bar to get refills. Being on the first floor, security was never an issue for us either.

But I feel obligated to make a room request. :confused3

I stared at the first post trying to figure it all out. We had zero complaints about our last room. It was a 2BR lock-off. We never had to wait for an elevator or take stairs since we were ground level. The elevator to the CR and monorail was always fast. And with our refill mugs, I just meandered over tot he pool bar to get refills. Being on the first floor, security was never an issue for us either.

But I feel obligated to make a room request. :confused3

I just sampled most of the standard view photos from the first page. I think I would prefer the outer ring. They seem to vary from gardens facing the contemporary to the view of the monorail to the view of space mountain and glimpse of the castle (great for fireworks) and then some tree covered views of the lake and tennis courts. Certainly some potential for parking lot and dumpster views, but a lot of upside too. The inner-facing rooms seem to have a view mostly of trees with glimpses of shuffleboard and the pool and maybe out to the lake.

Of course, most of the standard rooms are outer-facing rooms, with only a smaller percentage of them inward facing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter