BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if someone could help me word my request for our upcoming Nov/Dec trip.

We have a LV Studio room and I would like to request something that I could maybe get a view of the MK and have a upper floor. I just want to make sure that I word it correctly and I know that you all know how to do that. I know that it is a request so I am not guaranteed the view, but would like to just try.:goodvibes

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if someone could help me word my request for our upcoming Nov/Dec trip.

We have a LV Studio room and I would like to request something that I could maybe get a view of the MK and have a upper floor. I just want to make sure that I word it correctly and I know that you all know how to do that. I know that it is a request so I am not guaranteed the view, but would like to just try.:goodvibes

High floor, even number room, north end of building. Good luck, those rooms are nice. We got it once in a studio and on another trip the 2BR we got for our nephew's family had that view.

Thanks for all the information in this thread, I can't imagine how much work that has been.

I have a 2BR MK view, are there certain requests that I should make for that room or are they all going to have similar views of the MK? I understand the great benefit of requests for a LV room but wasn't sure if there is much to request for a 2BR MK view.

Any thoughts on this would be most appreciated.

Thanks for all the information in this thread, I can't imagine how much work that has been. I have a 2BR MK view, are there certain requests that I should make for that room or are they all going to have similar views of the MK? I understand the great benefit of requests for a LV room but wasn't sure if there is much to request for a 2BR MK view. Any thoughts on this would be most appreciated.

Some people still request a high floor

Okay thanks. Is it a better view of the Magic Kingdom the higher you can get?

I did look though them all. I couldn't tell if the view got better as you got higher but I think I will just request as high as they can get me and I'm sure it will be great.

Thank you again for taking the time to reply to my questions.

We are currently booked for a std 1BR at BLT and have a waitlist for a 1BR Lake view.

Our last BLT visit we wer eon the first floor with a 2BR lock-off. It was really nice and convenient. I'm making myself dizzy with trying to come up with a room request for this trip! :confused3

I did look though them all. I couldn't tell if the view got better as you got higher but I think I will just request as high as they can get me and I'm sure it will be great.

Thank you again for taking the time to reply to my questions.

In my opinion, higher is better. But maybe only marginally.

Also, in my opinion, the bigger difference maker is whether your room looks straight out at the MK (rooms ending in xx16, xx18, xx20) or more towards the GF and the CR main hotel. (rooms ending in xx26, xx28, xx30). From rooms ending in xx30, you can only see the castle if you are up against the window or out on the balcony and looking to your right. See the comparison below...

Room 7930
photo2_zpseb243c2e.jpg

Room 8116
127.jpg

We are currently booked for a std 1BR at BLT and have a waitlist for a 1BR Lake view. Our last BLT visit we wer eon the first floor with a 2BR lock-off. It was really nice and convenient. I'm making myself dizzy with trying to come up with a room request for this trip! :confused3

Sometimes we just go without requests. :).

Hi! We are going in Jan 17-25 for our first stay in BLT. We have always stayed at poly but wanted to try a villa. We are sharing a 2bd lake view with the grandparents and 3dd. Do you think the room will be large enough for all of us. DD's are fine with sleeping together. We have always done two adjoining rooms at poly so I am a little worried about privacy. Any thoughts?

Hi! We are going in Jan 17-25 for our first stay in BLT. We have always stayed at poly but wanted to try a villa. We are sharing a 2bd lake view with the grandparents and 3dd. Do you think the room will be large enough for all of us. DD's are fine with sleeping together. We have always done two adjoining rooms at poly so I am a little worried about privacy. Any thoughts?

You will have plenty of room. 2br sleep up to 9 people. It's like having 3 hotel rooms in a row. Hope you have a great time.

With all the work going on at the Poly, good call on not staying their this vacation.

Wow. I see what you mean about the rooms ending in rooms ending in xx16, xx18, xx20. That is the view we are all hoping to have.

Thanks very much, the pictures really show the difference.

I think with 3 full private bathrooms and a couple ways to enter the balcony you are all set. If you want more privacy - you could request a lock off if available if that's better for you?

You will have plenty of room. 2br sleep up to 9 people. It's like having 3 hotel rooms in a row. Hope you have a great time. With all the work going on at the Poly, good call on not staying their this vacation.
We are going to eat at the poly though. 'Ohana's for the first time for dinner!

Just got back from a stay in room 8130! I took lots of pics to post and a panoramic video. I was really bummed when we ended up with a room ending in 30 since its not the best MK view but we ended up loving being able to see the pool, Sammy Duvall's, the skyway bridge, and a surprise view of the Frozen fireworks!

As promised (I didn't even notice that this room doesn't have ANY pics linked in the first post :wave2:)

This is the view from room 8130 (dedicated 2 bedroom, MK view.) It was the first room to the left after exiting the elevators on the 11th floor. The king bedroom was against the wall of the elevator lobby, bed facing the MK (but you couldn't see it.) The sleeper sofa and queen beds were facing the Contemporary. Overall we really liked the location. It was SO NICE after a long day to literally be a few steps from the elevator which also made for a short trip down to the 5th floor and across the Sky Bridge to the shops and Contempo Cafe. We also really liked being able to see the pool and Frozen fireworks. Downsides: If you're planning afternoon naps this room is not good. The ladies who do the pool activities have microphones and they are SO LOUD!!! It sounded like they were on our balcony. Also, as you can see in one of the pictures below, the loading/unloading area for the delivery trucks is right outside. So on top of the MK train whistle and the boat horns you also get the beep, beep of the trucks backing up. Lastly, and maybe someone can clue me in to what on earth this was, every morning around 5:30 am and repeatedly afterwards there would be multiple bangs that sounded like someone was dropping a metal dumpster from 100 feet in the air. It was so loud! It was also a complete bummer that we couldn't see the MK unless we were literally standing against the window in the living room or we were out on the balconies. I'm not convinced these xx30 rooms are categorized properly. I think they should be slightly less expensive and be categorized as partial MK view. All in all, though, we LOVED our stay and really enjoyed our room!

Panoramic video of the view taken from the king balcony (not zoomed)

Views from the balcony of the king room (not zoomed.)
to the left (we could see the pool, Sammy Duvall's, WL, the Dolphin, Expedition Everest, and the top of the AKL.)

straight ahead

to the right (I think this one was actually taken from the window of the living room)

Wishes from the balcony of the bedroom with 2 queens (had to sit on the left half of the balcony or stand right at the railing which is where these pics were taken from, you can see our neighbors had Christmas lights on their railing - not zoomed.)

Frozen fireworks at DHS (zoomed and taken from the balcony of the king bedroom. Sorry, my iPhone doesn't zoom very well.)

I also have plenty of interior pictures and other info if anyone is interested!

So are the inner south and north rooms standees view and the center is bay lake view? What is better in your opinion inner center or south, north for a lake view

So are the inner south and North rooms considered standard view and are the center inner rooms considered lake view? Also what's better for a two bedroom villia for lake view ? How about south vs north on outer at blt

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter