• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BLT rooms and views with picture links! Last update of post #1 10/21/2015

Ses1230... gosh that bathroom damage looks like a problem. I'm hoping your reported it. Did you have a standard view?

This is the living room with the sleeper chair pulled out:

216.jpg

Great pictures! But wow, that must be pretty tight with both the sleeper chair and the sofabed pulled out. Have people found this to be true? How have you configured it? We will have our 3 kids sleeping in the living room when we go in February.

Thanks!

Great pictures! But wow, that must be pretty tight with both the sleeper chair and the sofabed pulled out. Have people found this to be true? How have you configured it? We will have our 3 kids sleeping in the living room when we go in February.

Thanks!

This living room looks a bit tighter than rooms we have had as we have used sleeper chair and sofa at same time with plenty of room to spare. Could it be there is a difference between an inner and outer ring room?

This living room looks a bit tighter than rooms we have had as we have used sleeper chair and sofa at same time with plenty of room to spare. Could it be there is a difference between an inner and outer ring room?

Wow! I thought the same thing. We just got back and our livingroom was huge! We were on the outer C with a ded 2 bdrm, but that looks way smaller! I was thinking of getting just a 1 bdrm next time to save points, but I might need to look into this more. That would not be enough room.

Wow! I thought the same thing. We just got back and our livingroom was huge! We were on the outer C with a ded 2 bdrm, but that looks way smaller! I was thinking of getting just a 1 bdrm next time to save points, but I might need to look into this more. That would not be enough room.

We've always only had 1 BRs so it must be an inner vs outer thing or maybe just a bad angle of the photo.

Thanks!

At one point we did have them both pulled out... because DD didn't want to be out there by herself, so one of us stayed on the sleeper sofa.

Anyway, see how the sleeper chair is angled in the photo? We had to straighten it out and then the sofa opened easily, but that area of the room was pretty much not accessible so we ended up opening and closing the sofa almost every day.

Just so you know, I also want to add that the living room has access to the balcony. In the picture behind the sleeper chair is a door that has a roman shade - that is to the balcony.

Ses1230... gosh that bathroom damage looks like a problem. I'm hoping your reported it. Did you have a standard view?

Well yes, but to tell you the truth, at the point that we realized it, both girls were settling in for a nap after and honestly I didn't want to move.

It was a standard view, I think.

Am I reading this right? In looking at the chart on the OP, I am seeing that there are only 8 Standard View 2 bedroom units in all of BLT, and they are all 1st and second floor?

Just making sure I am reading the chart properly...

We have a LV booked, and are waitlisted for a SV, but maybe I don't want to do that after all.

I am taking my family to BLT for their first stay in a monorail resort and I can't wait. It has been 25 years since I last stayed at the CR and that one trip is by far the most memorable. This time we are staying in a standard view studio and originally I was hoping for a partial view of the Magic Kingdom but now that I see the ground floor pics on the above post I really am hoping for something similar. I like the idea that my 4 year old and 2 year old will be able to walk out of the room onto that manicured lawn and see the CR and then walk around the corner and see the castle.

Am I reading this right? In looking at the chart on the OP, I am seeing that there are only 8 Standard View 2 bedroom units in all of BLT, and they are all 1st and second floor?

Just making sure I am reading the chart properly...

We have a LV booked, and are waitlisted for a SV, but maybe I don't want to do that after all.

the dedicated 2-bedroom yes 1 and 2

but the lock out 2-bedroom are on all 5 floors.

I am taking my family to BLT for their first stay in a monorail resort and I can't wait. It has been 25 years since I last stayed at the CR and that one trip is by far the most memorable. This time we are staying in a standard view studio and originally I was hoping for a partial view of the Magic Kingdom but now that I see the ground floor pics on the above post I really am hoping for something similar. I like the idea that my 4 year old and 2 year old will be able to walk out of the room onto that manicured lawn and see the CR and then walk around the corner and see the castle.

At first I was kind of miffed we got a ground floor villa, but after a few days I loved the fact of just opening the slider and being 10 steps from the pool/hot tub and if you wanted to make a quick run to the Contemporary you could.

Every night we would just step outside and watch the Electrical parade.

I'll only do SV view at BLT now.

just how many can fit on top of the world?

..this has been our concern. if over-crowded, the experience
is not going to be the same. i think this was the reason for
the restrictions.

right now, there are some on the resorts boards, "hinting"
on how to circumvent the rules. [ they think , they are
being sly, but as an owner, it is something i have reported ,
and will continue to do so. ]

the reason why, we don't want to be turned away even though
it was intended for us, because of others sneaking in.

i am surprised how many are boasting their intentions to
violate the rules with no regards how it may effect others.
in this situation, we may be the "others, because we going
over christmas.

during the last member cruise, my wife & daughter were turned
away from the movie. later a member joked about how she was
saving seats, against dcl rules.

I updated the first post with the latest picture links. Thanks again to all that have contributed to the thread! I am currently at WDW staying at BW, nice view of the canal, but I miss BLT.. Good news is I will be back 1/2-8 in a dedicated 2BR LV at BLT. Hoping for an XX44 room, can't wait!

JoAnne

At first I was kind of miffed we got a ground floor villa, but after a few days I loved the fact of just opening the slider and being 10 steps from the pool/hot tub and if you wanted to make a quick run to the Contemporary you could.

Every night we would just step outside and watch the Electrical parade.

I'll only do SV view at BLT now.

I agree. Between the lounge and the bridge, the firework viewing is very accessible. I wonder how the view is on the opposite side on the bottom (North facing)? Looks like it would not be as nice because of the woods and service area.

I know this may not be the right place to ask this, but can someone tell me what the toiletries that are provided are? Are they the nicer brand that the deluxe resorts get, or something less? Also (and I know I've read this, but I can't find it now), can you get more if you're there on points, or are you limited to what they bring every 3-4 days?

Thanks for the help!

Leslie

Don't know if I can answer all of it.....but if you are staying on points, Housekeeping only comes every 4 days (which includes your arrival day). We usually only stay four days, but we've had service on our 3rd full, but 4th day. We usually arrive late Thursday (day 1), get Housekeeping on Sunday and leave on Monday. That's enough replenishment to take home. ;) Just about everything is replenished even if it doesn't need to be.

We've not needed it, but in my gut, I feel like, just like any hotel, that if you called the front desk asking for more of a toiletry (not dishwasher detergent or coffee) you would probably be able to get it. But that might be my own relative newness to DVC life.

I think the brand is H20, like in the deluxes. But I may be getting all my stays mixed up (rough life, I know). They are the blue bottles. Oh yeah, and at DVC that does not include lotion. There is shampoo, conditioner and the necessary soaps. I find that good to know too.

Im calling for a BLT STD view on our 12th annual 4th of July trip because I get the service entrance or what ever the most horrible room available is anyway.My family jokes and says that the screen blinks my name so they give me the room from hell.My 2nd choice resort is one of our favorites the WLV.I will tell a little white lie when booking and say I need a odd number room between 5 and 35 on any floor because of my numbers phobia.even numbers face the bus/front walkway/service entrance.Odd number rooms face the lake and the numbers i want are at the quit pool.The resort room layouts and helping each other in room views makes it easier to get the room area we want.Thanks to everyone who helps

Billy

There is definitely a difference in space between the outer rooms and the inner rooms. We just got back from a stay at the BLT and were originally given room 7305 (inner room). We requested an even numbered room on a higher floor but were given this instead. It was a 2-bdr dedicated room. We had 8 people in our party. We asked at the front desk to change rooms, but they could not do it until the next day. The next day we were given 8202(outer facing room). What a BIG difference in the living room size! So to answer the question of inner vs. outer - you have much more room in the outer rooms!

I just got pointed to this thread today, and I can already tell I'm looking at a work of genius! Thanks work2play and everyone who contributed information!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter